Name of host institution: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Background information about Host Institution
Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC) is a complex health services provider and a medical practical institution, non-governmental and non-political organization, established in 2014. KMC is the premium healthcare service provider equipped with the best state of the art medical facilities in Kabul. This is a centre-of-excellence exclusively dedicated to multiple-specialty care. The hospital focuses on delivering Quality and Affordable healthcare while maintaining the core values of Clinical Excellence, Patient Centricity and Ethical Practices. The hospital is driven by our team of dedicated medical professionals and staff, whose clinical proficiency is wholly focused on creating a Centre of Excellence using modern advancements in medicine and medical technology.
We pride ourselves on hosting a staff of exceptionally trained and, in many cases, internationally experienced specialists. Our staff utilize the latest medical technologies to ensure that provide a high standard quality services and patients to receive the best possible care.
Organizational unit/Department: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
- Demonstrate knowledge of probability and the standard Biomedical engineering.
- Demonstrate the design of biomedical equipment and devices, such as artificial internal organs, replacements for body parts, and machines for diagnosing medical problems
- Demonstrate the installation, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for biomedical equipment
- Train the technicians and other medical staff on the proper use of biomedical equipment
Outcome: Upon completion of this program in Biomedical Engineering, our engineer will demonstrate the ability to:
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for medical engineering practice
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility
- Obtain the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global
- Gain knowledge of contemporary issues
Helping KMC by identifying pertinent and necessary training for staff needed to provide better quality medical services.
Biomedical training missions enable biomedical engineer to bring specialised expertise to KMC. These international professionals offer patients access to state-of-the-art treatments and procedures, and also provide opportunities for our Afghan staff to receive training and earn credential.
The overall goal for this program is to improve growth of health status in order to reduce the level of mortality and morbidity rate in Afghanistan and also to avoid Afghan patients going to India and Pakistan for cardiac surgeries.
The Biomedical Engineer will receive advanced training on biomedical skills and will be able to work professionally in Khair Khwa Medical Complex.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Skill development and upgrading biomedical engineering were emphasized as early priorities in Khair Khwa Medical Complex.
- Training of biomedical staff
- The biomedical staff from Khair Khwa Medical Complex trained in this field and their capacities built by year 2023
- Internationally recognized Medical Ethics policies well implemented
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Actively shares relevant information
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Learns about developments in updated technology
- Proper training to operate the specific equipment in Operation
- Experience and skills in effective teaching skills is advantage
- Excellent team management and communication skills.
- Excellent personal skills
- Knowledge of developing and conflict- stricken countries.
Education and Experience
3 to 6 years of practical experience in the field of biomedical engineering.