Name of host institution: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Background Information about Host Institution
Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC) is a complex health services provider and a medical practical institution, non-governmental and non-political organization, established in 2014. KMC is the premium healthcare service provider equipped with the best state of the art medical facilities in Kabul. This is a centre-of-excellence exclusively dedicated to multiple-specialty care. The hospital focuses on delivering Quality and Affordable healthcare while maintaining the core values of Clinical Excellence, Patient Centricity and Ethical Practices. The hospital is driven by our team of dedicated medical professionals and staff, whose clinical proficiency is wholly focused on creating a Centre of Excellence using modern advancements in medicine and medical technology.
We pride ourselves in hosting a staff of exceptionally trained and, in many cases, internationally experienced specialists. Our staff utilize the latest medical technologies to ensure that provide a high standard quality services and patients to receive the best possible care.
Organizational unit/Department: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
- Train managers to be highly successful and creative mentors and coaches.
- Train senior employees in developing and increasing their self-awareness so that they have a better understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Integrate the overall approaches to management development with other human resource strategies such as performance management, career development, and
- Apply effective leadership styles and tools in daily activities.
- Demonstrate a stronger commitment to customer satisfaction and quality.
- Recognize, understand, manage, and mitigate leadership challenges.
- Understand the role and importance of strategic planning.
- Maintain business vision and management approach as a healthcare leader
- Focus on a specific business challenge faced by organization
- Identify new insights and perspectives
- Reflect on better actions to organization’s needs for greater impact
Helping KMC by identifying pertinent and necessary training for staff needed to provide better quality medical services. Medical Training missions enable Administrative Staff to bring specialised expertise to KMC. These international professionals offer patients access to state-of-the-art treatments and procedures, and also provide opportunities for our Afghan staff to receive training and earn credential. The overall goal for this project is to improve growth of health status in order to reduce the level of mortality and morbidity rate in Afghanistan. Administrative Staff will receive advanced training on administrative management and will be able to work professionally in Khair Khwa Medical Complex.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Hospital and health system training and development programs become increasingly important. Such programs can help retain current employees, improve their skills and positively impact the overall quality of a health system — something that is increasingly important in a value-based world.
- Internationally recognized Medical Ethics policies well implemented
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Actively shares relevant information
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Learns about developments in updated technology
- Proper training to operate the specific equipment in Operation
- Experience and Skills in effective teaching skills is advantage
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Excellent team management and communication skills
- Proficiency with a computer and healthcare applications
- Excellent presentation skills
Education and Experience
5 to 10 years of practical experience and a specialist degree in the field of Administration.