- Job title Campaign coordinator – diets and climate
- Reporting to Head of Feedback EU
- Salary 3,000-3,500 Euros per month pro rata, according to experience
- Contract 4 days pr week (32 hours), with a high degree of flexibility over working hours. 25 days annual leave, pro rata
- Duration 12 month initial contract, subject to extension to 2 years. The successful candidate will be employed by the Feedback EU Foundation in the Netherlands.
- Start date Flexible – ideally March 2022
- Location Flexible within the Netherlands. A desk in a co-working space in The Hague will be provided for 2 days a week, dependent on government policies in relation to Covid-19. In addition, the candidate will work from home
Feedback EU is a Netherlands-based campaign organisation, and the sister organisation of Feedback UK. Feedback works to regenerate nature by transforming our food system. Food production is the single greatest impact humans have on the environment. From mountains of food waste, to habitat destruction to grow animal feed for factory farms, to soil depletion leaving future harvests at risk: the food system needs to change. Founded in 2013, we combine investigative research, campaigns, community outreach and on-the-ground pilot projects for a better food system. In 2021, Feedback EU was established in Rijswijk, the Netherlands.
About the role
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to expand Feedback’s pioneering campaigning on sustainable diets, supermarkets and animal livestock companies to Europe. We are seeking an experienced campaigner to lead our campaigning on meat, diets and climate change in Europe. Feedback has campaigned successfully to change supermarket policy on meat and climate change in the UK since 2019. The successful candidate will expand our campaigns to Europe, building on our history of campaigning across the EU and working in partnership with other European organisations in key countries.
We’re looking for a dynamic, experienced campaigner who is able to take the initiative, to work closely with Feedback’s existing staff in London, and our partner organisations in France, Denmark and two other EU countries. The role will be responsible for coordinating our two-year funded campaign to halve public meat and dairy consumption by 2030. Your role will involve building relationships and coalitions in the Netherlands, at EU level and in Member States, drawing learning from Feedback’s UK Campaign on climate, meat and supermarkets, and our recent Dutch publication on supermarkets and climate and further developing and implementing a campaign plan for the EU context. The role will also involve working on other Feedback projects and campaigns in pursuit of a sustainable and just food system where required. Additional support required for our work in Europe is in relation to aquaculture and food waste.
To be successful in this role you will need to be passionate about addressing head-on the damage that our food system causes to our climate, ecology and biodiversity. You will be an experienced campaigner, with a strong understanding of the environmental and climate sector in the Netherlands and European context and a good grasp of the interactions between food systems and environmental issues. You will be keen to demonstrate your creativity and initiative in establishing Feedback’s campaign in Europe, and will have excellent skills at identifying and developing new relationships and communicating with colleagues in a remote setting. You will be able to demonstrate your strong campaign instincts and sound political judgement in creating and implementing campaign plans, as well as carrying out project management and fundraising duties as required by the organisation to support campaigning. As the second employee of a new organisation, we value flexibility, energy and a willingness to take on challenges and learn new skills. We look forward to welcoming you to our team. Please note we are unfortunately unable to offer visa sponsorship for this post; you must already possess the right to work in the Netherlands.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- To implement, in collaboration with the Head of EU, a campaign strategy to catalyse supermarket and food business action on ‘less and better’ meat and dairy in Europe.
- To build relationships with European partner organisations and support them in the delivery of campaign elements.
- To build on Feedback’s existing reports and research, and together with the EU partners and allies, develop indicators to assess and rank EU supermarkets against the campaign goals.
- To create media stories, digital content, and use social media and other tools to achieve campaign goals, both working with the Head of EU and with external consultants.
- To develop and embed relationships with relevant contacts in business, civil society and public policy in the Netherlands and at EU-level, in coordination with Head EU.
- To support the monitoring and evaluation of this campaign work.
- To scope and research potential campaign angles on Feedback’s issues in the Netherlands, and more broadly across the EU. Meat, food waste and aquaculture are priority topics.
- To contribute to future fundraising bids in support of this role and Feedback’s wider ambitions in the EU.
- To undertake some administrative tasks in support of this role, as required.
- To play a part in the wider Feedback team, contributing to problem solving, content and strategy development.
To deliver in this role you will need to have:
- A passion for creating environmental and climate change through campaigning, and at least 3 years’ experience achieving corporate and policy change on environmental issues.
- A good understanding of EU and the Netherlands policy processes.
- Proven interest in, and knowledge of environmental issues and/ or food systems acquired through qualifications, professional or volunteer experience.
- Flexibility and resilience – the ability to manage multiple priorities and to pivot rapidly to take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills – persuasive writing skills and fluent spoken and written English and Dutch, as well as experience presenting and facilitating.
- Strong IT skills/literacy (Word, Excel, email management, social media)
- Ideally, experience working in remote teams and maintaining strong working relationships with remote colleagues.
- An independent worker with a can-do attitude, flexibility and adaptability, willing to pitch in on delivery and help colleagues across the team, recognising that Feedback is a small, nimble organisation with fast-changing priorities.
- A commitment to Feedback EU’s values – we are bold, collaborative, impact-driven, celebratory and inspiring – and to our goal of ecological regeneration through changing the food system.
- The right to work in the Netherlands.
This job is open to everyone, regardless of their background. We acknowledge that the environmental sector is less open to people from under-represented backgrounds and we are strongly committed to doing what we can to correct this. We especially want to hear from you if you feel that opportunities like this are less available to you.
How to apply
Please submit, in Word or pdf format, a CV/resume and cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4 each) to firstname.lastname@example.org , explaining how you meet the person specification and why you would like to work at Feedback. For a short background chat about the role, please arrange for a call with Frank Mechielsen at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 4 th February at midnight. Shortlisted candidates will be notified before Friday 11 th February. Interviews will be held online via Zoom in the week of 14 th February and will include a short, written task to be carried out the day of the interview.