RNW Media is looking for a:
Business Operations Support Officer
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 20-030
As a Business Operations Support Officer for our Business Development department you work in a fast-changing and international environment. You contribute to the objectives of RNW Media by improving operational processes, developing strategic partnerships to (further) strengthen RNW Media’s position in the international development sector and facilitating good cooperation with other relevant departments in the organization.
You are able to work well in a team, solving problems and prioritize your workload. You have attention to detail and you are aware of your environment. Flexibility sounds familiar to you and you are able to listen and question. Accuracy, situational awareness and having a birds-eye view define you.
Positioning in the organisation
The Business Operations Support Officer is positioned in the Business Development department and will report to the Director of Business Development.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Managing the funding dashboard and performs quality checks;
- Liaising with Proposal Coordinators to ensure information owners keep the funding dashboard (database of funding opportunities and submitted proposals with relevant donor and partner information) up to date;
- Key user of the CRM system (Zoho) – ensuring the system and data entry fields reflect the need of the department/ organization to facilitate data informed decision making;
- Reporting on the progress towards funding targets to the Supervisory Board, Management Team and the organization;
- Ensuring relevant registration with donors and funding platform are up to date;
- Centrally managing and updating all relevant documentation needed to pass eligibility / threshold criteria of donors;
- Supporting the Director of Business Development with improving the global and in-country proposal development processes in order to make the process more standardized and efficient while ensuring clarity on pipeline, use of resources an providing proper forecasting;
- General operational support; centrally managing reference/policy documents, note-taking, drafting MOUs;
- Facilitating good collaboration with other departments and supporting the preparation of sales material and mailings.
Our desired new colleague has:
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent;
- Skilled as a support professional with relevant experience in international development;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing;
- Fluent in English and Dutch. French proficiency is an asset.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasizes wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 5 (€2.633 – €3.594). Your salary will be dependant on experience and expertise. We offer a one-year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people with whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Northern Africa and China are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap but latest on August 14th at 16.00 . This vacancy is open on a first come first serve basis. Applicants will be reviewed and selected as they come in. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If yes, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Acquisition is not appreciated.