SeeYou Foundation, previously known as Light for the World Nederland, is looking for an experienced and result-oriented Business Development Manager to develop and implement the strategy to identify opportunities, build partnerships and mobilize (institutional) resources.
About SeeYou Foundation
At SeeYou Foundation, we believe that every person is valuable and precious. For more than 38 years, we have thus been committed to providing people with (visual) disabilities access to eye care, medical care, education and employment. That way we help them overcome both marginalization and poverty. We conduct programs in seven countries across Asia and Africa, in close collaboration with local partners and the people we serve. Our work is made possible thanks to the support of private individuals, churches, entrepreneurs, foundations, and institutional donors such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Our dedication to disability inclusion transpires in all the work that we do: our programs and our partnerships. We bring our expertise, connect, learn and truly play a catalyst role toward more inclusive societies.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As Business Development Manager, you have a strategic position in the organization on Program and Fundraising development. You are part of our dedicated Program team and report to the Head of Program. You are responsible for identifying opportunities, building partnerships and mobilizing (institutional) resources. As such, you:
· Develop a solid Institutional Fundraising strategy in consultation with the relevant team leaders;
· Identify prospects and take the necessary steps to contact them and cultivate the relationship – in the Netherlands and internationally for new and existing programs;
· Think in opportunities while pinpointing and contacting potential consortium partners;
· Play a key role in initiating, building and coordinating new partnerships leading to concrete fundraising results;
· Track calls for proposals and other opportunities, judge the relevancy along with the Relationship Manager Major Donors on feasibility, content, impact and overall risks;
· Develop solid proposals in joint collaboration with the program and fundraising teams, as well as (local) partners;
· Set up and coordinate project teams during the proposal development stage;
· Develop high quality project proposals for foundations, governments, multilaterals and other organizations, together with Program and Fundraising colleagues as well as (local) partners;
· Develop country strategies and policies.
· You hold a university degree in a relevant discipline;
· You have minimum 5 years of experience working preferably in the non-profit and/or development sector;
· You have a proven track record in successfully coordinating institutional fundraising / partnership development operations, preferably with governments and multilateral organisations;
· You are able to produce proposals that are attractive for institutional and major donors;
· You have experience working with NGO partners in Africa and/or Asia, as well as part of multi-stakeholders processes;
· You are fluent in English and Dutch;
· You are willing to travel occasionally;
· You are enthusiastic about Disability Inclusion and wholeheartedly endorse SeeYou’s mission and vision;
· You recognize yourself in the values of SeeYou. and its Christian identity gives you direction and inspiration in your daily work.
· An inspiring and varied position with a lot of independence;
· A result-oriented and enthusiastic team;
· A position for 32 to 36 hours/week;
· Contract for one year with possible extension;
· Gross monthly salary between €3,738 and €4,712 (based on experience and 36 hours/week) – scale 11 of the Collective Labor Agreement for Social Work;
· Holiday allowance and end of year allowance of 8,3%;
· Flexibility in working hours and working from home.
How to apply
Han Valk Fundraising Consultancy is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume (including salary expectations and three references) in English via this platform before 12 July 2021, midnight (Central European time).
SeeYou strives for equal opportunities for everyone. We encourage people with a disability to apply. We also encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on a rolling basis and the position may be filled sooner than the closing date.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!