Oxfam Novib is currently looking for two new members of its Board of Supervisors who share our vision of a just and sustainable world.
Member Board of Supervisors
Your role as supervisor
Core to the role as a supervisor is to critically monitor the functioning of the organization and its Board of Directors. Oxfam Novib has three directors who are responsible for achieving the organizations objectives and hold final responsibility for all related decisions.
As a member of the Board of Supervisors, you have the mandate to oversee delivery of this management responsibility during strategic, planning and implementation stages. Your role is to approve plans related to core policy areas and strategic decisions and to supervise implementation of these plans. Moreover, as the formal employer of all three directors, you have the collective responsibility to appoint and monitor the functioning and integrity of the directors. Lastly, the Board of Supervisors also acts as an advisor and sounding board to the Board of Directors.
The Board of Supervisors
- Consists of seven members;
- Strives for diversity in background, skills and competences;
- Works in a collegial spirit, while taking into account an independent and critical attitude towards each other and the Board of Directors;
- Has no direct interest in the Oxfam Novib foundation in any way;
- Displays unity: with each member speaking on behalf of the Board of Supervisors to external stakeholders with one voice;
- Meets 4-5 times a year as a team, with additional committee meetings.
What are we looking for
- You fully endorse Oxfam Novib’s mission and values and are excited to contribute, challenge and strengthen Oxfam Novib’s course;
- You follow developments in the field of international cooperation and you have a vision and knowledge of global relations;
- You are able to conduct an open dialogue with the Board of Directors and you can question them critically but constructively;
- You have general managerial and leadership qualities and experience;
- You have a broad social and professional network and you are well connected to current societal developments;
- You are fluent in English;
- You are available for this task for about 3 half days per month.
For the two vacancies, we are looking particularly for experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Research in relevant thematic areas of international cooperation and sustainable development, which is clearly linked to societal relevance and activism
- Communication, fundraising and campaigns
- Participation in political networks and knowledge of Dutch political relations
- Organizational development
Oxfam Novib is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its workplace. We strive to create a work environment where everyone feels welcome and appreciated; guided by our core values of inclusiveness, accountability and empowerment. The Board of Supervisors champions these values and therefore warmly invites people from all backgrounds to apply.
Recruitment and appointment
Members of the Board of Supervisors are recruited through a public procedure and appointed for a three-year term, with the option of up to two reappointments.
What we offer?
At Oxfam, we believe that every aspect of our work can lead to a positive outcome. If you have the same opinion, together with the ability to meet the challenges involved, this role offers a great opportunity for you to contribute to our mission – as well as outstanding opportunities to develop your career.
Application procedure and planning
Are you interested in this position? For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your application letter, including your CV, before Monday August 31 2020 to this e-mail address as well.
Acquisition in response to this ad is not appreciated.