The Sustainable Agriculture Initiative Platform (SAI Platform) was established in 2002 by the food industry to support the development of sustainable agriculture worldwide. Today it has over 130 members across the value chain, covers major agricultural commodities and operates globally. SAI Platform operates on a pre-competitive and non-commercial basis, driving change through collaboration.
SAI Platform is overseen by an Executive Committee and run by a Secretariat of fourteen people working from various locations mainly in Europe. The core areas of the Platform’s activity are commodity-focused working groups, regional initiatives, on the ground projects, and industry solutions such as the Farm Sustainability Assessment , European Roundtable for Beef Sustainability (ERBS)and the Sustainable Dairy Partnership (SDP).
SAI Platform has an opening for a Sustainability Communications Officer (40h/week).
The Communications Officer will be part of a growing, international team in which communications plays a vital role. They will support the communications lead and the development and implementation of SAI Platform’s communications strategy and member engagement.
The role will involve designing impactful communications material and implementing engaging and innovative communications campaigns (both online and offline) that reflect SAI Platform’s value proposition and vision. The focus of the role within SAI Platform may evolve as needs and priorities change.
DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS (WEB, SOCIAL AND VIDEO)
- Create and produce high quality, relevant and compelling digital content (including video, news stories and social media posts).
- Proactively schedule, develop, update, and enhance the communications across our social media channels.
- Support the website and Members’ Zone CMS including all uploads, online edits and any preparation or adjustments to images for social media and website use.
- Production of quarterly newsletters as well as other publications such as project case studies and event reports.
- Produce quarterly reports on web and social metrics (user traffic, online mentions, media exposure, social media engagement) and seek ways to improve engagement.
STRATEGY & SUPPORT
- Assist with the delivery of an organisation-wide communications strategy and the integration of communications into all of the teams’ activity planning.
- Support in building relationships with media and members’/partners’ comms teams.
- Support SAI Platform Events with all communications needs including content and design for registration website, collateral documents, presentation templates.
- Provide assistance when needed for the organisation of meetings with external stakeholders.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations.
- Account manager for a small group of members.
- Alignment and collaboration with other activity areas where relevant.
- Academic degree and minimum 3 years in international B2B communications or related; ability to adapt style and messaging for a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven experience with the Adobe Creative Suite including video and photo editing; good eye for contemporary and aesthetic design.
- Excellent CMS, WordPress and MS Office skills.
- Highly motivated work style, hands on and proactive “can-do” attitude.
- English mother tongue desirable or at least full professional proficiency both written and verbal.
- Knowledge and experience in sustainability and the agri-food industry is a plus.
SAI Platform offers an international and entrepreneurial role in a dynamic industry with the potential to connect with a global network of food & drink sustainability professionals. SAI Platform offers a competitive remuneration package depending on level of experience. This position involves international travel up to 10% of time.
We invite candidates of all nationalities, living in Europe, to apply, however, we can only consider candidates who do not need a work and residence permit for an EU country.
SAI Platform is based in Switzerland and team members work flexibly in different countries, as part of a virtual team. The salary indication for this position is EUR 3000,00 gross per month (EUR 39,000,00 per year) based on fulltime (40 hours).
How to apply?
In this procedure we work with Sustainability Works. Please send a CV, a cover letter and a small portfolio comprising visual and written examples of your work, no later than 25 June 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. attn. Annelies Pijnenburg. Please feel free to call Annelies on +31646680191 to discuss any questions you may have.