AFEW International is seeking a maternity leave replacement (4 months) for the position of Communications and PR Officer, for its office in Amsterdam. Communications and PR officer will be responsible for managing external communications, press work and public relations.
- Proficient written and spoken English and Russian.
- Knowledge of and ability to work in WordPress, knowledge of basic HTML is an advantage.
- University or Higher Vocational Training.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in journalism and PR/marketing/communication.
- Work experience in similar positions, preferably related to media, advertising or public relations; knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues is an advantage.
- Network and connections with the Dutch media.
- Very good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet; knowledge of Photoshop and any design software is an advantage.
- To develop articles, press releases, fact sheets and info materials (in close consultation with project managers of AFEW Partnership members).
- To produce articles (news, stories, reportages etc.) for AFEW International’s website and websites of AFEW’s Partnership members.
- To edit texts in English and Russian for the website and monthly newsletter; to come up with new ideas for the content.
- To organise and supervise work of translators and designers.
- To produce monthly newsletter.
- To manage AFEW International’s website (e.g. update news and projects pages, add widgets) and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Telegram).
- To ensure AFEW International and AFEW Partnership’s visibility in the Netherlands and Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- Liaising with the Dutch and International media and pitching stories for publication and broadcasting.
Deadline for sending applications: 30 November 2020, 5 PM (Amsterdam time)
Indicative starting date: End of January/ beginning of February 2021
Contract: 24 hours a week.
Please, send us your CV and motivation letter on email@example.com.
More details about the vacancy – here.
About AFEW International
AFEW International is a Dutch non-governmental humanitarian public health organisation dedicated to improving the health of key populations in society.
With a focus on Eastern Europe and Central Asia, AFEW strives to promote health and increase access to prevention, treatment and care for major public health concerns such as HIV, TB, viral hepatitis, and sexual and reproductive health
AFEW International works in Eastern Europe and Central Asia and has activities and local partners in almost all countries of the region. Currently together with partners – AFEW-Kazakhstan, AFEW-Kyrgyzstan, AFEW Russia and AFEW-Ukraine – AFEW International has projects in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Georgia and Uzbekistan.
AFEW International’s vision is all people in EECA participate fully and confidently concerning their health and rights, in an inclusive and just society.