Our experts provide research, advisory and training services focusing on global health, economic development, gender and intercultural communication. Our campus in Amsterdam is one of the city’s leading hospitality venues en sustainability hotspots. It houses an education centre for students and professionals, including a graduate school in global health, a certified eco-friendly hotel, and complementary conference and events facilities. We are also home to SDG House: a thriving community of sustainability experts, social entrepreneurs, and NGOs with a membership of more than 70 organisations.
KIT Health aims to improve the health of people in low- and middle-income countries by cooperation on research, evaluation, advice and education. Our mission is to improve equity in health by empowering people and strengthening health systems. We work with partners to generate context-specific knowledge and to build capacity at the interface of policy and practice. Key thematic areas of work are education, sexual and reproductive health & rights, health systems strengthening and disease prevention and control.
The epidemiologists of KIT Health strive to improve the use of data for informed-based decision making. We perform research and consultancies worldwide to support clients gain new insights in the field of effective disease control for better public health. The team is active in the fields of health systems strengthening through capacity building and training, intervention research and impact assessment, spatial epidemiology and evidence-based healthcare.
- Lead, coordinate and conduct epidemiological research, mixed-method evaluations and provide consultancies as part of a team of epidemiologists as well as in collaboration with other teams of the KIT Health unit
- Lead and support the acquisition of new tenders in collaboration with colleagues
- Provide methodological and statistical support to other teams of the KIT Health knowledge unit in the area of infectious diseases, health systems strengthening and sexual and reproductive health rights
- Be involved in developing and implementing teaching programs in the area of epidemiology; monitoring and evaluation; Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Contribute to the visibility of KIT by attending conferences and other international events and engaging in other knowledge communication activities (peer-reviewed scientific as well as popular science publications)
- Strategically contribute to the development of KIT’s and the epidemiology team’s strategic knowledge and development agenda.
The initial appointment is for one year, subject to renewal. KIT values a diverse and international workforce.
- At least a PhD degree in epidemiology, statistics, or other relevant international public health related discipline with at least 2 years field experience in low- and middle-income countries in the fields of infectious diseases and/or public health.
- OR a master’s degree or equivalent and at least 5 years field experience in low- and middle-income countries in the field of infectious disease and/or public health.
- Experience in managing health related projects.
- Experience in mixed-method monitoring and evaluation and quality assurance in research is strongly desired.
- Strong analytical skills and be able to work accurately.
- Demonstrated creative and analytical writing skills through scientific publications.
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Stata or R, and preferably of GIS and/or spatial statistics software.
- Experience in the use of GIS in disease control is an advantage, willingness to learn is a must.
- Fluency in verbal and written English and French; any additional language is a strong asset.
- Good communication skills and awareness of intercultural relationships.
- Initiative and creativity; an independent worker and a team player.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel overseas for short (1-3 weeks) missions, several times a year.
The ability to experience professional and personal growth within an exciting, dynamic and multi-disciplinary working environment. A salary based on qualifications and experience of between € 3.106 – €3.675,- gross per month for a 40-hour working week. In addition, there is an 8% holiday allowance and admission to the KIT pension fund (ABP). Initial one-year contract, with the possibility of extension after demonstrated good performance
Interested applicants are invited to submit written applications specifying abilities and interest for this position including a curriculum vitae with references. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Each application will be reviewed individually shortly after submission and provided with feedback (accepted or rejected). The application process will be closed once we have selected a candidate. Please use our online application form. Applications which do not fulfil the minimum criteria will not be considered.
Acquisition based on this announcement is not appreciated.