KIT Royal Tropical Institute is currently seeking applications for a French-speaking Agriculture Advisor, for our Sustainable Economic Development & Gender (SEDG) Unit. The advisor is expected to strengthen our agricultural development activities in the Sahel region and in East Africa, in addition to providing general international consultancy services in the field of agricultural and rural development.
- Offer international advice and applied research services in agricultural development, extension and agribusiness development
- Contribute to further advancement of the seed sector development portfolio of KIT
- Offer technical assistance to agricultural development projects
- Support data collection and analysis and capitalization of experiences in agricultural development projects and programs
- Participate in the evaluation of agricultural development projects
- Contribute to proposal writing and acquisition
- An MSc. degree in agricultural sciences or rural development with a solid technical background;
- At least 2 years of practical experience in agricultural development in Africa, of which at least 1 year working the Sahel region of West Africa. Additional experience, including work in East Africa, is desirable.
- Experience in seed sector development is an asset;
- Excellent writing and publishing capacity;
- Previous experience in an advisory capacity in international development is an asset;
- Project planning and management experience;
- Collegial attitude, capacity to work within a diverse team and to maintain good working relations with partners;
- Applicants should also possess a professional working level command of both English and French. Fluency in written and spoken French is a strong asset.
- Ability and willingness to travel for field missions in difficult and sometimes insecure environments
The initial appointment is for one year, subject to renewal. KIT values a diverse workforce. Applicants for this position must be Dutch nationals or nationals of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
KIT offers a competitive remuneration package. The salary, based on age, qualifications and experience, is between € 2692,- and €4.762,- gross per month for a 40-hour working week. In addition, there is an 8% holiday allowance, admission to the KIT pension fund (ABP) and opportunities for training and personal development.
If you are interested in this position please complete the online application form using the apply button below, by the 16th of May.
Acquisition based on this announcement is not appreciated.