Your result areas
Develop and maintain networks and partnerships
- Strong account management on key accounts and build relationships with key donors
- Build-up and maintain relevant networks and partnerships
- Initiate partnerships with other relevant CSO’s, academia and research institutes
- Participate in relevant network events in the Netherlands and internationally to profile Simavi
- Identify new trends and developments, relations, and potential partnerships relevant for Simavi
- Identify opportunities for fundraising on key thematic area’s (climate change and adaptation, gender and water and sanitation)
Identify and raise programme funding
- Collect information on opportunities and requirements for Simavi to attract external programme funding from institutional sources (national and international subsidies, in-country funds, corporate funds, international foundations, development banks, etc)
- Prepare – in close cooperation with colleagues in the Netherlands and overseas – programmes and proposals to submit for funding
- Write an impactful proposals, meeting donor requirements and secure effective follow up.
Strengthen and support Simavi’s capacity to develop impactful programmes
- Support in country staff and partners with in country fundraising
- Work closely with Programme Officers and Programme Managers in identifying opportunities and support them in developing innovative programmes, eligible for external funding
- Assist Programme Officers and Programme Managers in managing effective reporting on these programmes.
- Work closely with the Director Fundraising and Engagement to develop efficient procedures and policies well aligned with the Simavi strategy
- Share lessons learnt from institutional fund raising and fund management efforts with colleagues and partners
The dream candidate
- An academic level of education in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a comparable position.
- Proven track record in account management, institutional fundraising, and good knowledge of proposal writing.
- Proven experience with the following donors : EU, SIDA, USAID, and US foundations (Must have)
- Specific knowledge and skills:
- Good networker, excellent communicator, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and expertise in climate change, water and sanitation is an asset
- Innovative and strategic thinker.
- Eye for detail, application of strong financial rigor, discretion, and integrity
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Preparedness to travel occasionally to other countries (within Covid restrictions)
- As a person:
- Open personality and positive mindset
- Getting things done
- A genuine interest in the NGO sector, in particularly in women-centred and rights-based approach programming
- You are eligible to work in the Netherlands or registered as an independent consultant
What do we offer?
Simavi offers a result-driven and challenging position in an international working environment, with considerable ways to make a difference. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (i.e. weekly (online/offline) bootcamp sessions and agile way of working), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 1 year for 32-36 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary range of € 3,090.76 and € 4,425.87 gross per month on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week.
How to apply?
Interested and do you recognise yourself in the profile? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English) until 6th of February 2022 via our website.