Your role at Simavi
As our Account Manager Corporate Partnerships, you will be responsible for the key account management of the corporates and foundations. You will maintain and built relations with key accounts (donors, corporates, and other stakeholders) to ensure visibility of Simavi and to achieve maximum support and funding. You will take the lead in the communication and get your energy from converting possible leads to actual donors and being our ambassador while doing so.
Next to the Account Manager role, you focus on investigating and piloting new financing forms or models that create value beyond Simavi’s traditional income streams. Think of impact investments, social enterprising or transforming into a consultancy and advisory service provider. Moreover, in this role you are the go-to-person when it comes to innovative projects and partners. As such, you are expected to stimulate innovation within the organisation. You apply this in project development as well as in your account management.
The Account Manager Corporate Partnerships is coached by the Director Partnership Development and works in close collaboration with the other colleagues from the Partnership Development Circle and other circles within Simavi – mainly Marketing & Communication, Private Fundraising and Programme Implementation.
Your result areas
- Build and maintain strategic relations with our key partners
- Identify opportunities for funding and collaboration with existing corporates and (corporate) foundations and ensure quality proposals are developed and submitted to generate support and funding
- Develop and implement engagement plans for our key partners
- Collect the necessary information and take care of drawing up proposals, agreements, and contracts, in accordance with wishes and agreements with donors
- Responsible for correct and timely communication with (potential) donors and administration reports and relationship data in Salesforce CRM
- Contribute to the annual plan of the Partnership Development circle and develop KPI’s
- Deliver quarterly a report on the state of play, including risk analysis
- Develop propositions and look for new opportunities within the corporate sector and (corporate) foundations, this includes cold calling and prospecting to identify and develop new high-value partnerships for Simavi
- Continuously looking for new ways to position Simavi and build new partnerships with corporates and (corporate) foundations
- Commercial and achieving ambitious fundraising targets
- Actively committed to maintaining and expanding Simavi’s network
- Aware of relevant activities, events, and platforms for the purpose of further expanding the network and to tell the Simavi story on those different stages
- Aware of economic, political and organisational developments and knows how to use this knowledge to create an effective network
- Works with Marketing and Communication to develop communication materials to position Simavi in a good and effective way in line with the desired brand positioning
The dream candidate
- You have an HBO level of education (i.e. applied sciences)
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in business development, or in a similar position (preferable at a commercial organisation)
- Possesses specific knowledge and/or experience with impact investing, social enterprising and (social) innovation processes and is able to balance Aid with Trade
- Has a clear understanding of new and/or alternative ways of financing non-profit activities and can think of out-of-the-box solutions for Simavi
- Commercial, proactive and result-oriented
- Sees opportunities and =acts upon them
- Demonstrable successes in fundraising and business development
- Good networker with a broad and relevant network
- Aware of /interested in the thematic areas of Simavi and the Corporate Social Responsibility and non-profit sector, uses this knowledge to set up an effective network
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English, both verbal as written
- Preparedness to travel occasionally to other countries (within Covid restrictions)
- As a person:
- Open personality and positive mindset
- Getting things done
- Excellent networker and communicator with an external focus
- Business Acumen
What do we offer?
An exciting, key position in an international working environment. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (e.g. weekly online bootcamp or yoga sessions, agile way of working), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 1 year for 32-36 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary range of € 3,090.- and € 4,425.- gross per month on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week. Furthermore, part of our terms of employment are: 5 weeks vacation per year, 8% holiday allowance, commuting allowance (as of >10 kilometres), mobile phone allowance, a defined contribution pension insurance and a disability insurance.
How to apply?
Interested and do you recognise yourself in the profile? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English) before 27 April 2021 via this application link: https://simavi.onlinevacatures.nl/en/job/183501/apply
We are looking forward to your application!
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regard