On behalf of the Department of Education of Zhejiang Province, we are recruiting 50
European professionals to work as education & culture ambassadors to teach the English language, with a focus on communication skills, in Chinese primary and secondary schools in the cities of Wenzhou, Lishui, Jinhua, Taizhou, Quzhou Zhejiang Province.
The program for the academic year of 2020 and 2021 starts on 24th August 2020 and finishes in late June 2021. Between January and February, you will have 3 to 4 weeks of paid holidays, which gives you the opportunity to travel around China and other Asian countries.
The reason for this program is to help the upcoming generation in underdeveloped
communities with gaining valuable communicative skill and intercultural understandings. It is a public service activity, which is fully supported by the local governments of Zhejiang Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, Department of Education of Zhejiang Province as well as Education Bureaus.
As an E&C ambassador, you will be assigned to different groups of students in one place. Your main responsibilities are teaching speaking English, organising activities for students to learn about European cultures as well as participating in yearly school activities. Specifically, every week you will have a maximum of twenty teaching hours, each teaching hour is 45 minutes, and ten hours of participating in teaching research, giving lectures on European cultures and social
customs, organising and participating in extra curriculum activities. Throughout the school year, you will always have a Chinese coordinator standing by to assists you in all matters, including living, social, educational, and questions on safety.
Who is eligible for the program?
– Have a bachelor’s degree or above (all majors welcome)
– Speak fluent English
– Proof of no criminal record
– Be deemed physically and psychologically healthy
– Must not have been convicted of a crime
– Have an open-minded and flexible attitude.
What are the benefits?
– Monthly gross salary near 825 EUR (net), which allows you to live comfortably in China
– A paid single apartment includes kitchen facilities, a private bathroom, WIFI, fridge,
wash machine, bed and wardrobe closet
– Paid comprehensive Chinese medical insurance
– RMB 10,000 (near EUR 1275) flight allowance will be paid upon completion of the
– Paid Chinese public holiday plus 3/4 weeks of school holidays
– Team building activities to meet other E&C ambassadors in the same region
– Potential opportunities to develop your career in China.
To apply for the program, please send your recent updated English CV and cover letter to Aixia Li at firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 th April.