Job Station: Accra, Ghana. AFLA is a Pan African organization.
Africa Legal Aid has recently relocated its primary activities from Maastricht to Accra where it is currently establishing a Pan African and International Secretariat. On 16 May, 2005, AFLA signed a Headquarters Agreement with the Government of Ghana, which inter alia establishes Accra as the International Secretariat of AFLA.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Development Manager will be responsible to and report directly to the Executive Director, and will:
- Market AFLA to make it more visible
Coordinate fundraising activities
- Advise and support the Executive Director in organizational development issues
- Advise the Executive Director on the administrative and personnel aspects of the management of AFLA, taking an active part in the management of AFLA and ensuring that its actions are effective, efficient and prompt
- Update the AFLA Website
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in marketing or related field is a must;
- Advance Degree in human rights or related field would be a plus;
- Minimum of four years working experience at a programme or management level;
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Working knowledge of French would be desirable;
- Extensive knowledge of various computer programmes, experience in using the website as a tool for promotion and marketing
Salary and Benefits: Highly Competitive and Attractive. Initial contract 1 year.
How to Apply: Send CV and Cover Letter to: The Executive Director, Africa Legal Aid, Mobil House 3rd Floor, 25 Liberia Road, P.O. Box: P.M.B., T.U.C., Accra, Ghana, e-mail: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 31 August 2005
Date of Appointment: As soon as possible
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.