PAX is the largest peace organization in the Netherlands. We work to protect civilians against acts of war, to end armed violence and to build inclusive peace. We work in conflict areas worldwide, together with local partners and people who, just like us, believe that everyone has a right to a dignified life in a peaceful society.
Purpose and position of institutional fundraising
Peace and security are matters of life or death. As part of our institutional funding team, you help PAX realize a more peaceful and safer world. PAX is successful in winning grants from governments and foundations in multiple countries; institutional funds are by far our biggest source of income.
The fundraising team currently consists of nine people and occupies a strategic position within the organisation. Approximately half the team focus on individual giving in the Dutch market, while the other half focuses on institutional donors, including governments (such as the US Department of State), multilaterals, the Dutch Postcode Lottery and a range of foundations.
To realize PAX’s ambitious institutional fundraising goals we are currently looking for an enthusiastic:
Team Assistant Institutional Fundraising
18 hours p/w (0,5 fte)
This position supports important administrative tasks in the Institutional fundraising team that help fulfil our institutional donor requirements and supports new proposals for funding. The final list of tasks will be mutually agreed upon, but they will initially include the following:
- Maintains the collective team agenda (which includes donor deadlines), plans appointments, meeting cycles and team activities;
- Organizes team meetings and events and arranges the invitations, required documents and facilities;
- Manages the institutional fundraising dashboard and database of donors, processing any changes to them;
- Manages the team archives and files, and documents relevant to institutional fundraising (e.g. donor contracts, funding applications);
- Makes suggestions for how to improve institutional fundraising processes and systems;
- Provide ad-hoc support for funding proposals, such as collecting organisational and finance details required by donors;
- Carry out desk research on donors and funding opportunities and collects data as needed by colleagues.
We are looking for
A service-oriented team player who is able to work independently, acts decisively, and has a proactive attitude to supporting colleagues in institutional fundraising and in other PAX teams. Because of the demanding contractual obligations of institutional donors, we look for someone who works in a systematic and accurate way, and can prioritize tasks during sometimes busy deadline periods. Our ideal new colleague has the necessary analytical and communication skills, including cultural sensitivity, to work in an international peacebuilding organization.
What we ask for
- MBO+/HBO education or equivalent vocational educational training;
- Experience of implementing a range of organizational and administrative tasks;
- Able to work in a systematic and accurate way while positively handling sometimes tight deadlines;
- An interest in fundraising;
- Previous experience in a similar role or context (desirable);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Dutch and English;
- Affinity with the core values of PAX;
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands (EU).
What we offer
- A position in a dynamic and international working environment with committed and enthusiastic colleagues;
- An excellent opportunity to balance working from home with working in our centrally located office in Utrecht (the Netherlands);
- An organization with budget and opportunities for personal development;
- Appointment for 18 hours per week, on a 12-month contract with the intention to extend;
- Salary scale 7 according to the PKN terms and conditions of employment (depending on experience min. of € 2.370,23 tot max. € 3.114,91 gross for 36 hours per week);
- Full reimbursement of home-to-work travel costs of 2nd class public transport;
- End-of-year bonus of 8.3% and 8.0 % holiday-allowance.
Procedure and information
Get to know our work at www.paxforpeace.nl.
For further information about this position you can contact Alana Tomlin, Senior Institutional Fundraiser, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV (max 2 pages) and a motivation letter (1 page) addressed to Alana Tomlin, solely by using the application form at the bottom of our vacancy-webpage.
Closing date for reactions to this vacancy announcement is 2nd of October 2022.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.