PAX means peace. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned civilians worldwide, PAX works to build dignified, and peaceful societies across the globe.
The work of the Humanitarian Disarmament, Business, Conflict & Human Rights team covers a diverse range of projects focussing on arms control and disarmament as well as international standards on business and human rights.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join our dynamic team, providing a range of administrative, financial and logistical services in close cooperation with the team leadership and other staff:
Team Assistant Humanitarian Disarmament, Business, Conflict & Human Rights
(14 hours p/w - 0,4 fte)
Responsibilities and tasks
The team assistant supports the team in a number of aspects like administrative, financial and logistical support. You will report to and be supervised by the team coordinator, but responsible for executing tasks as identified in a work plan or delegated by other members of the team, including (but not limited to):
- Providing administrative support for financial transactions, contracts, payments, reimbursements, etc., point of contact with PAX finance team;
- Maintaining contact databases and mailing lists, produce and disseminate newsletters and other products, serve as point of contact with PAX communications team;
- Serving as general point of contact for our team for organizational matters within PAX
- Preparing of meetings and note-taking;
- Planning and organizing of events, including related participant support, travel, accommodation, venues, and logistics;
- Support data management, collaboration and knowledge-sharing within the team;
- Represent the team at the request of team members, attendance at relevant meetings;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by team leadership.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a proactive, detail-oriented, organisational talent, who likes to work in a dynamic team. Outstanding communication skills, independence, and commitment to achieving quality outputs will be essential.
Required skills and experience
- Higher professional education or equivalent professional experience;
- Minimum 2 years administrative support experience, ideally within the non-profit sector;
- Professional-level fluency in English;
- Endorsement of the mission and central values of PAX, and affinity with the identity of PAX;
- Proven planning, work management, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Able to work independently and responsibly, and as a member of a diverse team;
- Convincing professional communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Competency using Microsoft Office applications, other standard office software and administrative tools;
- Eligibility to work in the EU;
- A rewarding job in a dynamic, informal work environment engaged with international themes;
- Place of employment: Utrecht, The Netherlands;
- Appointment for 14 hours per week (0,4 fte), ideally spread out over 3 days per week;
- Starting as soon as possible;
- Salary scale 7 according to the PKN terms and conditions of employment (depending on experience a min. of € 2.239,25 to a max. of € 2.965,77 gross based on 36 hours per week);
- End-of-year bonus of 8.3% and 8.0 % holiday allowance;
- Full reimbursement of public transport travel expenses.
Procedure and information
For more information, please visit the website of PAX www.paxforpeace.nl.
For further information about this position you can contact Frank Slijper, Team coordinator Humanitarian Disarmament, Business, Conflict & Human Rights, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter in Dutch or English addressed Frank Slijper, Team coordinator Humanitarian Disarmament, Business, Conflict & Human Rights, solely by using the application form at the bottom of our vacancy-website.
Closing date for applications to this position is the 27th of June 2022.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.