Are you passionate about women’s rights, climate justice and international cooperation? Are you a true project manager, networker and bridge builder, with skills in coordinating and writing institutional and philanthropic fundraising proposals? If you are also driven by targets, and have demonstrable experience with scoping and analyzing relevant funding opportunities for our organization, then we are looking for you!
For the Fundraising and Partnerships team, ActionAid Netherlands (AANL) is looking for a:
Strategic (Institutional) Fundraiser (32-36 hours)
In this dynamic and challenging position, the emphasis is on coordinating and developing programs and fundraising requests for institutional donors such as governments and the European Union. In addition, you help to develop proposals for wealth funds, foundations and sustainable companies that improve the position of women worldwide. You will work closely with AANL’s Fundraising and Partnerships manager.
- You identify and utilize new opportunities, develop programs, monitor results and work with (financial) targets.
- You scope out potential (institutional and philanthropic) funding opportunities for AANL programs.
- You coordinate the multidisciplinary AANL team in the proposal writing process, along with members of the international partner consortium when necessary. This will involve co-writing proposals for potential donors together with national and international subject matter experts.
- You develop, connect and maintain close relations with AANL’s partner network.
- You are familiar with the world of institutional donors, equity funds and foundations and can identify new relationships for ActionAid based on common values.
- You develop the fundraising strategy together with the fundraising and partnerships manager, advising stakeholders on this strategy while effectively positioning and profiling the organization.
- HBO+/WO level and at least 4 years of relevant work experience in the field of program development and fundraising.
- You are an excellent project manager and planner who is enthusiastic about the challenge of applying for multi country/multi-partner fundraising opportunities.
- You have achieved demonstrable results in coordinating and writing successful (institutional) financing proposals.
- You preferably have experience in leading multi-partner- multi-country proposals
- You are successful in building and maintaining a relevant professional network and can bring this network to your work at AANL.
- You are a strong, decisive and convincing communicator.
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language (both spoken and written).
- You are well able to translate complex matter into attractive proposals for different types of donors.
- You recognize yourself in AANL’s feminist values.
A challenging, independent and dynamic position within an enthusiastic team at an international organization in the heart of Amsterdam! In addition:
- the opportunity to work for women’s rights and a sustainable world;
- a professional, international organization where you work together with experienced (international) colleagues;
- flexibility in where you work and when;
- training and a project visit to one of the ActionAid programs in the Global South.
- fair salary range based on one’s skill and experience level per month based on 36 hours (depending on knowledge and experience);
- an employment contract for 1 year with extension in the event of mutual agreement;
- a net pension contribution, an end-of-year bonus and a travel allowance (public transport).
Are you interested?
Send your motivation letter and CV no later than Wednesday December 14 to Iris Frequin, HR Adviser, via email@example.com, stating your name and ‘vacancy strategic fundraiser’. For more information about the content of the position, please contact Laura Klokke, Manager Fundraising and Partnerships via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 06-43001247.
The first interviews will take place on Monday 19 December. We would like to ask you to take this into account in advance.
We believe in the added value of diversity in our organization and strive for as much variation as possible in age, gender identities, sexual orientation, origin and cultural background.
ActionAid is an international women’s rights organization that works for a fair and equal world. In more than 45 countries, we fight alongside women and local communities against exploitation and abuse of power and for sustainable systemic change. Our focus is on climate justice and a fair economy. We work for a just future for all through feminist alternatives and long-term solutions.