(Senior) Programme Officer
At Rutgers, we are recruiting a temporary maternity cover for the position of (Senior) Programme Officer.
(15-28 hours per week, vacancy number 2022-35)
Temporary · January-June 2023 · Utrecht/Remote
People should have the freedom to make their own choices in relation to sexuality and reproductive health, with respect for the rights of others, within a supportive society. Rutgers connects research, practice and advocacy.
Our work is characterised by an inclusive and activist approach to sexuality education, improved access to contraception and safe abortion and the prevention of sexual violence. We focus mainly on young people up to 30 years.
Rutgers is active in 29 countries and is run by 130 passionate professionals in the Netherlands and Indonesia. Values such as openness, equality and sustainability are key to all our activities.
This will be a temporary position from January to June 2023. This position can be filled with an employment contract or on a consultancy basis. Also, we are looking for a medior or senior level Programme Officer.
You will work on our strategic programmes Power to You(th) and Generation G. You will work closely with partners and other relevant stakeholders within these programmes, and you will focus in particular on Indonesia. You report to the Programme manager of Power to You(th).
What you will be doing
In this role you will manage relations with our partner organisations in Indonesia. This includes monitoring of progress, such as review of reports, budgets and work plans. In addition, you will maintain relationships with the Indonesia country coalitions for both programmes and you ensure communication and smooth information flow between these country coalitions and the global teams.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) of the programmes and take a pro-active role in ensuring sound cooperation and coordination within the partnerships and beyond;
- Preferably, depending on the specific expertise: Act as an expert on SRHR; prevention of harmful practices and/ or the gender-transformative approach within the programmes an represent Rutgers or the above-mentioned programmes in relevant working groups.
The actual package of responsibilities will of course depend on the amount of contract hours.
What we are looking for
Our ideal candidate is a team player, respectful to (cultural) differences and can navigate different values, backgrounds, genders and religions. You are strategic, analytical and creative and know how to successfully facilitate mutual learning and capacity strengthening activities, such as workshops or coaching.
Preferably, you have experience with applying a gender transformative approach to advocacy and with working with young people.
Besides that, you will meet the following requirements:
- You have a university degree in Social Sciences or similar, or professional experience relevant for the position that proves you are at a similar level.
- You have at least two years relevant experience in international development and cooperation, preferably gained in Africa or Asia, which includes experience in Country and partner management, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and/ or the gender transformative approach.
- You have professional working proficiency in English. Working proficiency in Bahasa is strongly preferred.
- You are willing and able to travel abroad for work.
What we offer
This position can be filled with an employment contract or a consultancy contract. We are seeking a candidate who is available in the period of six months, from January to June 2023. You will work in an exciting and challenging international working environment, with highly motivated and passionate colleagues. While we prefer a candidate based in The Netherlands, remote working is possible.
With an employment contract in The Netherlands, your salary will depend on your level of experience and expertise:
- FWG scale 55 (medior level), with a maximum salary of € 4,381 gross per month for a 36-hour working week.
- FWG scale 60 (senior level), with a maximum salary of € 4,883 gross per month for a 36-hour working week.
In addition, Rutgers offers a competitive package of secondary employment conditions. The collective labor agreement cao ggz applies.
With a consultancy contract (either inside or outside The Netherlands), we will agree upon an hourly rate, based on your level of experience and expertise.
Our office is located in Utrecht, the Netherlands, but you will be working with colleagues all over the world. Most colleagues work from home for a significant part of the week.
Information and how to apply
We want to create a more inclusive and diverse organization that values individual differences in the workforce and ensures that everyone feels welcome and safe. Do you feel attracted to this? Then we invite you to apply no later than November 28th, 2022. The first round of interviews will take place on Monday, December 5th or Wednesday, December 7th, 2022. Please take these dates into account. There might be a second round of interviews and/ or an assignment.
Responding to this vacancy can only be done via the link to the online application form in the relevant vacancy at www.rutgers.international/vacancies. Be sure to add if you would like to fill this position with an employment contract or a consultancy contract.
For additional background information on Rutgers, please consult www.rutgers.nl and www.rutgers.international. If you have any questions, please contact Paula Dijk, Programme Manager, via email@example.com, stating the vacancy number.
- Your personal data will be deleted six months after the end of the application procedure.
- This vacancy has been published both internally and externally.
- If this is not your dream job, support Rutgers by sharing this vacancy within your network.
- Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.