Vacancy for Senior Communications Expert (1 FTE)
Publication date: 11.01.2023
WASTE is an internationally operating NGO based in the Hague, specialized in urban and peri-urban sanitation, solid waste, and the sustainable financing of emerging markets in these sectors. WASTE has almost 40 years of experience and has an extensive network in Asia and Africa. WASTE manages a multi-million-euro portfolio focusing on value chain improvements in sanitation and waste management—setting up systems that supports local governments, small and medium sized businesses, financial institutions, and community initiatives. WASTE is seeking a Senior Communications Expert to lead our communications work.
The Senior Communications Expert will lead all communications activity for the organisation. This will include oversight of the website and social media channels, development and implementation of a communications strategy for the organisation and supporting the programmatic teams with their communication needs. The position will be responsible for ensuring clear, effective and strategic communication tailored to WASTE’s key stakeholder groups. Working with the small team at WASTE you will be responsible for providing clear advice and direction for communications and overseeing external consultants or agencies in the delivery of key materials.
The Senior Communications Expert will be the only full-time communications staff member and whilst you will be supported by programmatic experts, and will be able to work with some agencies the development and implementation of communications materials will be largely your own responsibility.
The Senior Communications Expert will work closely with the MT and Program Directors and will report to the Executive Director.
• Develop and implement communications strategy for WASTE.
• Write, edit and commission content for social media and website.
• Write and/or edit and manage production of Annual Report and other key communications materials.
• Develop and establish the brand architecture including guidelines for use of corporate WASTE brand and program brands.
• Make available tools to simplify and promote the use of WASTE brand and content.
Your knowledge, experience, and competence
• At least 7 – 10 years experience in communications and / or marketing.
• Proven track record in strategic communications.
• Superior written and verbal skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with websites, social media (including Twitter and LinkedIn)
• Ability to work independently on a wide range of tasks and projects.
• Experience working with donor reporting a plus.
• Experience within an NGO a plus.
• Experience working with different cultures and experts.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Dutch or another language a plus.
• Position for 36 hours per week (1 FTE)
• A challenging work environment that will help you grow
• Become a member of an international team
• Fair financial compensation and good secondary labour conditions:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 8,33% End of year bonus
- 10,15% pension contribution fully paid by employer
- Phone allowance
Salary indication €3,800 per month. (salary scale 10)
• Starting date: as soon as possible
• Contract for one year, with possibility of extension.
Applicants must reside in the Netherlands and be in possession of a valid Dutch work permit. Should be able to travel to office in the Hague at least 50% of the working week.
To apply, please submit a motivational letter (no more than 1 A4 page) and your CV (no more than 3 pages) to Emma Harbour (email@example.com) with reference to this vacancy. For further information on WASTE please visit www.waste.nl
The closing date for submission of applications is January 25th 2023. Interviews will be held shortly after.