Cordaid is looking for a Security & Justice Expert with strong Lobby and Advocacy skills
Based in The Hague with frequent travelling
What you do
You will be part of Cordaid’s Program Unit and primarily work in the field of Security & Justice. The majority of your time and efforts will go to the Strategic Partnership Just Future (funded by Dutch MFA) which started in January 2021 and will run for five years. This program focuses on capacity strengthening in lobbying and advocacy of civil society and on direct policy influencing in the fields of security, access to justice and inclusive governance. It is implemented by a consortium consisting of 6 international NGOs, 3 research institutes, 1 network organisation and 25 partners in 6 program countries and at global level. You will;
- Co-Lead the implementation of the Just Future programme, together with another Security & Justice Expert, which entails;
- Develop, implement and coordinate international lobby & advocacy strategies and initiatives taking into consideration the project outline and political context.
- The priority of this position is security and inclusive governance.
- Liaise with Cordaid offices in 6 countries, alliance partners and local partners in ensuring alignment of national and international lobby plans and inputs, including the research agenda.
- Develop advocacy tools, including but not limited to policy briefs, advocacy briefings and communication materials for policy change
- Provide technical expertise and capacity strengthening on lobby and advocacy to Cordaid offices, alliance partners and local partners.
- Contribute to the content creation of communication materials (written materials, video productions, etc.).
- Create, organise and participate in advocacy including expert meetings, debates, campaigns, and advocacy networks.
- Support the organization, programme unit and Security & Justice thematic team in;
- Initiate and collaborate, with divers stakeholders, on research and innovations to expand on our current knowledge and learnings on Security & Justice.
- Profile Cordaid’s S&J programming, research and track-record with relevant actors, including institutional donors, and build a solid network.
- Contribute to the development and/or writing of winning proposals.
- Support the collection and analysis of project results.
Who you are
- You hold a Master’s degree (or a Bachelor’s degree with significant work experience) in (International) Law, Political -, or Social Sciences or equivalent subject.
- You have at least 5 years’ working experience in the field of Security & Justice and on lobby & advocacy, preferably in an international setting.
- You have knowledge of Security & Justice programming, or have affinity with the subject and are able and willing to invest time and effort in acquiring knowledge in this field.
- You are experienced in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring lobbying and advocacy strategies and you know how international institutions and mechanisms work that are key for lobby & advocacy work.
- Strong analytical, writing and verbal skills for communicating with a diverse audience, including internally and external high-level stakeholders.
- Your expertise is complemented with training, capacity strengthening and facilitation skills in order to support civil society in their lobby and advocacy efforts.
- You speak and write French and English (and preferably Dutch).
- You have the great social and communication skills in order to create/maintain networks, ensure coordination, and to stimulate cooperation among colleagues and partners.
- You are a true team player, easy going, flexible and able to negotiate and navigate competing priorities.
- You are able and willing to travel frequently to our countries of implementation among others.
What we offer
- A pivotal position in a professional organization and where initiative is encouraged.
- Opportunities to engage on the most pressing human rights, justice and security issue across a range of countries.
- High visibility in representing the organisation at national, regional and international level.
- Good working conditions.
- A laptop and working at home allowance.
- A gross monthly salary of €3627 up to €5234 based on a 36-hour week (depending on years of relevant experience).
- Position until the end of the project period (31-12-2025), with a probation period of 2 months.
Applications including a motivation letter and CV in English on the attention of Jule Miessen, Senior HR Advisor, including the contact details of references at the last two employers can be uploaded through our website.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Please note that we accept applications through this website only.
For information on the content of the advertised position you may contact Fréderique van Drumpt, Operational Manager, through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must be received before September 6th 2022. Interviews are planned on the 12th and/or 13th of September 2022.
An assessment and/or a assignment can be part of the selection procedure.
Cordaid is fully committed to a safe working environment and the highest integrity standards. To read more on our commitment to Integrity, click here: https://www.cordaid.org/en/who-we-are/integrity-and-code-of-conduct/. An integrity screening will be part of this application procedure.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
Applicants must be nationals of an European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union and reside in The Netherlands.