Sector Coordinator Building
Are you committed, entrepreneurial and do you possess leadership qualities? Do you have extensive work experience in building? And are you passionate about international development cooperation? Then PUM is looking for you!
We empower ambitious entrepreneurs in building a structurally better future for their community; socially, ecologically and economically. PUM is a unique and professional NGO based in The Hague. More than 1300 experts from 36 sectors share their knowledge and expertise with SMEs in 36 countries worldwide. This results in a positive and sustainable impact on the economy, environment and society. Click here to learn more about some of PUM's success stories. The diverse and resilient business environment in which PUM is operational spans agriculture, trade, services, and small-scale manufacturing, with emerging entrepreneurship in technology and renewable energy.
PUM is looking for a sector coordinator building to compliment the current sector coordinator. Do you want to volunteer and support SMEs in emerging economies worldwide? In this socially relevant position, you will make measurable impact. Do you have experience in coordinating a team? And would you like to match a group of experts with impactful projects? Then PUM has this challenging volunteer role as sector coordinator available for you! As a sector coordinator you get the opportunity and responsibility to:
- Select, together with recruitment, new experts for your sector.
- Assess the requests from the countries and match projects with the experts in your database.
- Advise as an expert in the field once or twice a year.
- Exchange knowledge, expand your network and follow different training courses.
- Support the experts in your sector to implement the PUM strategy.
- Work together with a diverse group of sector and country coordinators (also volunteer positions) and project officers.
- Encourage knowledge exchange and the sharing of new trends in your sector,
by organising “sector days” for example.
- Carry out meaningful work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled professional who thrives in an international volunteer organisation. Key skills and attributes include:
- Strong experience and knowledge within building (theory and practice).
- Experience in managing a diverse group of people or volunteers.
- Knowledge of and experience in the world of international cooperation, and
- A broad view on the further development of your sector and enthusiasm to share your ideas.
- Organisational skills to set up inspiring sector days.
- Proficiency in both Dutch and English, both spoken and written (additional languages such as French or Spanish are always welcome!).
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft 365 and willing to learn.
Good to Know!
- The start date is as soon as possible.
- The current sector coordinator will be closely involved in the onboarding program.
- This is a voluntary position, you will receive a small expense allowance.
- Your volunteer work for PUM will take around 16 hours a week.
- For this role we only consider applicants based in the Netherlands.
- We offer an international working environment surrounded by ambitious and professional colleagues.
- We are promoting a culture that values inclusiveness and encourages you to be yourself.
- We believe that diversity fosters innovation and development, making a genuine impact as an organisation.
- We have a modern and beautiful office space with stunning views conveniently located within walking distance of The Hague Central Station.
- Click here to learn more about PUM’s sectors and themes.
Would you like to do volunteer work and support other entrepreneurs to grow sustainably? Please sign up by using the button below! For more information, do not hesitate to contact our recruiter Guliette Kymmell at: +31 70 349 0512 or Guliette.Kymmell@pum.nl.