At War Child we work to improve the resilience and wellbeing of children living with violence and armed conflict. War Child uses Salesforce as our main information system for CRM and program and grant management across the entire organisation, from fundraising and customer service to grant management and project monitoring & evaluation.
As Process and Application Specialist, your main responsibility is to manage the Salesforce platform, keeping it in tip-top shape. Besides maintenance, you further develop and improve the support of up and running business processes, including integration with other tools. You advise and guide our international teams that are new to Salesforce, with an eye for scalability. You support key users of the diverse domains, providing directions on priority setting with your IT knowledge and growing their capabilities to use the system’s full potential.
In 2023 we plan for a large redesign of our Salesforce system to align it with the new international organizational structure and new ways of working and in your role, you will play a pivotal role in that.
As Application and Process Specialist you are a part of the ICT department, and you report to the Global ICT Manager. You are the linking pin for the key users of Salesforce in our donor and programme countries, and you work together with the wider ICT team and external partners.
The Application and Process Specialist role is stationed in our Amsterdam office (successful candidate needs to be eligible to work in the Netherlands).
- Safeguard architecture, data consistency and logic within and between processes and needs
- Sets up, monitors and safeguards the authorization structure, monitors usages of application and date maintenance by users.
- Lead updates, software upgrades, testing, implementation and deployment.
- Signalize and suggest process improvement possibilities
- Translate business requests to use cases and system requirements
- (Co)develop plans and implement new functionalities, by realizing improvements independently or in cooperation with implementing software partners/system developers
- Support implementation and rollout of Salesforce in new fundraising countries
- Manage the helpdesk, solve incidents or put forward to third parties
- Organize (advanced) training and guidance to (key) users on relevant topics and maintain documentation.
- Participate in projects to improve the usage of data in the organization and advise on usage of (innovative) digital technologies.
- Participate in NGO platforms and stay up to date on market developments.
- HBO+ level of working and thinking
- Min. 3-5 years of relevant working experience as an application specialist
- Experience with configuring and administering Salesforce
- Knowledge of (Salesforce) technologies such as APEX, Salesforce Flow, SQL and experience with integrating Salesforce with other systems and platforms.
- Knowledge of Marketing Cloud and experience with BI tools like Power BI is a pre
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; creative in finding solutions
- Solution and service oriented.
- Affinity with digital innovation projects and technologies
- Ability to interact with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures
- Understanding of the processes and services of NGOs is a pre
- Good communication skills, fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written).
- Fully support War Child’s mandate and mission
- Available for 32-40 hours per week
- Eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
- Salary ranges from €2793 to €3473 per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional fixed free days
- Vacation allowance of 8% of the annual salary
- A contributory pension scheme, fully paid by War Child
- Possibility to combine working from home with work in the office
- Laptop to work from any location and mobile phone contribution of €25 per month
- Possibility to follow (online) trainings and/or courses and attend War Child’s events
- Good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.