Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Open Doors International’s regional department Middle East & North Africa (MENA) is looking for a
Safety and Security Advisor
(36-40 hours per week)
As our new Safety and Security Advisor you are responsible for providing strategic guidance and advice to our leadership team. By following relevant trends and market developments you guarantee the organization is up to date and up to speed regarding all Safety and Security topics. You focus on programs and people and ensure that managers and staff have access to policies, advice and training. As Safety & Security Advisor you are part of the Organizational Support Group (OSG) management team and report to the OSG manager. In this position you will frequently travel. Your key result areas:
- Security policy, including developing (country security) plans and protocols and strategic advice.
- Staff awareness and training.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing effective and professional advice and support to management and staff, ensuring they are able to apply, perform and implement policies.
- Raising awareness within the organization by creating both risk assessments and context analysis for countries, trips, and travelling staff, as well as briefing travelers to the region.
- Recommending and participating in developing well-defined and sustainable plans, policies, programs, processes and practices, supporting the (strategic) organizational goals. Where needed you support in planning and policy-making committees.
- Keeping all MENA staff up to date on the organization security standard on personal security, security management and crisis management.
- Managing, coordinating and assuring high quality security trainings provided by an external partner.
- Maintaining constructive relationships with management, staff (and security focal points), external parties, and partners in the interest of the implementation of (future) policies.
Becoming successful as a Safety & Security Advisor means that you:
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree and experience as a security advisor in an international, multi layered and geographically dispersed organization for at least five years.
- Are able to proactively provide advice to (senior) management on security in the field.
- Have analytical, relationship building and excellent (cross cultural) communications skills.
- Are results oriented, interculturally aware, flexible and have a high level of integrity.
- Understand the culture and customs of the MENA region.
- Have excellent command of English and preferably have good command of Arabic, both verbally and written.
- Are a committed Christian and have a heart for the church.
- Candidates with a European passport and originating from or living in the MENA region have preference and priority.
This is a salaried position. Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide persecuted church. We offer you a versatile position in an international environment, a professional team and the opportunity to show your added value.
Please send your cover letter and resume (both in English) no later than October 3rd, 2022, to David Karelse firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the position, please use this same email address. For security reasons please refrain from mentioning to others that you are applying for a job with Open Doors at this stage.