Practice: democratization of data
Are you interested in social developments in Latin America? Do you have an interest in innovative issues and speak Spanish? Does your heart beat faster when faced with new challenges? Are you motivated to support the CNV International team in Latin America in the coming months?
And, above all: do you want to contribute with innovative Participatory Action Research methodologies so that more and more Latin American workers have better working conditions, a living wage and that unions reach good agreements with employers on employee rights?
Then we are looking for you!
Who we are
CNV Internationaal is committed to trade unions, labor rights, social dialogue and employability for all. Its work focuses on Latin America, Africa and Asia. We do this with a team of enthusiastic colleagues and in close collaboration with our partners in the countries where we work. We have recently launched a dashboard on labor rights in sugar based on the voices of the workers themselves, see also here.
An internship at CNV Internationaal
As an intern at Team Latin America, you will research, review and support analysis from publications and participatory methodologies on Data Democratization. You will work according to the guidelines of the Regional Coordinator for Participatory Digital Monitoring and with the team here in the Netherlands. In addition, we will be working in close partnership with Profundo Research,
an independent non-profit company, whose mission is focused on research and consultancy seeking to make a practical contribution to a sustainable world and social justice.
What we ask for
We are looking for you if you...
- are enrolled in a relevant study, such as International Relations/Politics/International Studies/International Studies/Latin American Studies/Sociology/Social Anthropology or a comparable course at a higher professional level in The Netherlands;
- are enthusiastic and passionate about research, creative and innovative with methodologies, bold in taking initiative and have a practical mindset;
- have skills and practical knowledge in the use of online search engines.
- have the dedication and patience to perform detailed searches and be rigorous in the selection of information;
- are a good reader, orderly and accurate with the information reviews you will perform.
- have knowledge and skills for the management of abundant information, databases and their analysis using tools designed for this purpose;
- have a good command of English and Spanish, both verbally and in writing;
- are available from around August 2022 (exact starting date can be discussed) at least three days a week for a period of at least 6 months.
If you meet these requirements, you have an affinity with the work of CNV Internationaal.
What we offer
- A practice with a lot of learning on an innovative topic: Democratization of data and knowledge for decision making and advocacy;
- participation as author of publications derived from the activities to be developed within the framework of the internship, in which he has made contributions;
- a space for discussion and contributions for self-initiative and personal development;
- good technical support and supervision to bring out the best in you;
- many opportunities to put into practice the knowledge acquired in the studies;
- and 400 euros as monthly stipend, based on 36 hours per week (travel costs not included; these are taken care of as well).
Application and more information
For more information, please contact
Are you our new colleague? Send your CV and motivation before July 15th email@example.com indicating "application intern Latin America".