You wanna change the global trade in favor of family farmers, local economies, and the environment? As a Quality Assurance Officer at Gebana you have a big impact on small farmers all over the world. You have knowledge about quality food systems? Then you are ready to join our team.
Gebana is a fair-trade food pioneer with headquarters in Switzerland. We work with farming families around the world, selling their organic products directly to consumers in Europe.
Our vision: we are changing global trade in favour of family farmers, local economies, and the environment.
Gebana B.V. is the trade branch of gebana. At our warehouse in the Netherlands, all the products of the gebana sister companies come together, are quality checked, sold and delivered to our customers.
We supply customers with organic cashew nuts, dried mangos, dates and more.
For this branch, we are looking for an:
Quality Assurance Officer (Part-time, 80%)
We are looking for a motivated, open and communicative person who enjoys working independently and feels comfortable in a dynamic and busy working environment. The working language is mainly English. German and French is a benefit.
Starting date: Immediately or by arrangement
Your task is to relieve the quality assurance department. Including, but not limited to, the following activities:
- You are responsible for ensuring that all our suppliers have valid documents and there are stored correctly on our server.
- You are processing quality complaints
- You have the overview of the analysis plan and you will arrange the necessary analysis with the external lab
- You are responsible for creating & updating product specifications
- You are supporting the QA-manager in preparing reports , audits, overviews presentations etc.
- You are responsible to schedule internal audits and update the internal process manual
- You support in quality related work in the warehouse (for example quality checks)
The following qualities are important to us:
- Enjoyment of responsible work in a sometimes stressful environment
- Ability to work under pressure and initiative
- Interest in fair trade and organic food
- Experience in quality assurance and knowledge about quality system
- Structured and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ‘Make things happen’ mentality
- Good WORD and EXCEL skills
- Fluent in English
- A university degree in food technology or quality management is expected; 1-2 years of work experience is desirable
- An exciting position in a small, committed team, where you will gain an insight into international trade and the business of bio & fairtrade products
- A workplace within walking distance to Amersfoort Central Station
- Being part of an international and dynamic team that strives to make a difference
- A salary in line with the market and flexible working hours
- Fun activities with the team
- Remote work opportunities
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please send your completed application documents (CV and cover letter) at your earliest possible convenience to us by no later than 22.07.2022
Quality Manager Gebana BV
NL- 3817 CH Amersfoort
+41 44 518 09 30