Free Press Unlimited is currently looking for a Project Officer (32 hours a week) to join our team for implementation of projects that focus on improving press freedom, predominantly in Asia.
Start date: As soon as possible.
The position is based in the Amsterdam office.
About Free Press Unlimited
We believe that all people are entitled to have access to unbiased, reliable and timely information. This enables them to assess their own living conditions, influence these and make better decisions. Press freedom and freedom of information are vital for gathering and spreading reliable, unbiased information. Media play a crucial role in providing people free and unrestricted access to information.
By supporting media professionals and journalists, we want to make and keep objective news and information available to everyone, especially to people in countries without or with limited (press) freedom.
What you will be doing
- Support Programme Coordinators with the planning, organisation, reporting (financial and narrative) and implementation of projects and deploys external providers (such as interpreters/ translators and trainers / experts) where necessary. All within the financial and qualitative framework established by management (and Programme Coordinators);
- Assess the organisational structure, financial capacity and management systems of partner organisations, as well as their external risks, communicate on these issues with the partner organisations and local compliance coach and propose appropriate capacity building;
- Monitor the progress and execution of the project activities, as instructed by the Programme Coordinators, and provides them with information on any deviation and/or stagnation;
- Organise travel, accommodation, visas and insurance of those involved in project activities;
- Plan and organise gatherings, meetings and visits in the context of projects, both in the Netherlands and abroad, and in consultation with the Programme Coordinators, organise the required facilities if necessary;
- Have shared responsibility for writing communication contributions, web texts and keeping external project information up-to-date, including the design and development of multimedia content for projects;
- Support Programme Coordinators in the design of project proposals;
- Develop contracts and agreements with donors, service providers and partner organisations.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate Project Officer, with appropriate sensitivity for cultural differences. Our ideal candidate is independent, self-confident, decisive, has strong organisational skills and the ability to keep an overview and to set priorities.
In addition the following requirements apply:
- University of Applied Sciences level of working and thinking;
- At least 2 years of experience in similar programmes in the Human Rights and NGO sector;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Proactive and flexible;
- Resilient and able to work under pressure;
- Good partnering skills;
- Knowledge and experience in project management and the relevant methodologies. Experience in EU grant management is desirable;
- High level of integrity and accountability;
- Eligibility to work in the EU.
What we offer
The opportunity to contribute to a special mission. You will work in an exciting and challenging international working environment of 70 colleagues who work both from home and in a nice office in the heart of Amsterdam.
An appointment for one year, with the possibility of extension depending on performance and funding. The salary is dependent upon relevant professional experience (min € 3.400 and max € 4.800,- gross per month based on a full-time employment, excluding 8% holiday allowance).
Free Press Unlimited has an excellent pension scheme, 25 days of leave per year (on the basis of a full-time position), vitality allowance and reimbursement of travel expenses (public transport).
Then we would love to hear from you! Please apply by sending your English CV and short cover letter (both in PDF format) no later than March 17, 2023 to Tamara Lunacek (HR Officer) via the application form.
For questions about the position you can contact Annelies Langelaar (Programme Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date.
Free Press Unlimited is an organisation that upholds the importance of diversity, and where everyone feels welcome and appreciated. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better organisation - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better results. That is why we encourage everyone to apply.
If this is not your dream job, support Free Press Unlimited by sharing this vacancy within your network.