Do you want to work as a project professional in the humanitarian sector and are you willing to transfer your knowledge to CARE offices in other countries?
Then we are looking for you!
Why CARE Nederland?
We are CARE Nederland, part of CARE, an international development organisation active in more than 100 countries worldwide. Originating from American food aid to Europe after the Second World War, we have been committed for 77 years to those who need it most.
CARE supports people in the most difficult places in the world in building a better life. We fight poverty by combating inequality. We do this by providing emergency aid, working on equal rights for women and making communities resilient to the effects of climate change and natural disasters by supporting them in building a sustainable livelihood. Our approach is characterized by customisation: in consultation with local partners and residents we determine what is needed and what works. After all, it is only together that we can achieve sustainable results.
What will you be doing?
The Project Manager is part of a pool of experts and is responsible for contributing to project development, leading projects, networking (contract- and relation management) and knowledge and quality assurance. Maintaining good relations with and developing capacities of assigned CARE Country Offices situated in Africa, Asia and/or Latin America is also part of your responsibilities. You will work with Country Teams, which coordinate the implementation of projects in-country, to ensure timely and adequate implementation to meet donor expectations.
You will be a member of our Humanitarian Action Team and report to the Head of Humanitarian Action on the quality of project development and implementation. You will work closely with Project Controllers on financial issues related to the projects.
Key duties include:
- grant management of Humanitarian Action projects funded by MFA(DRA), ECHO and SHO/Giro555.
- relationship management/networking (donors, peers, partners) and support to CARE Country Offices and local partners.
- contribute to knowledge management and lobby & advocacy efforts to bring about structural, relational and transformative system change focusing on Environmental Justice, Gender Equality and Equitable Partnerships.
What do you bring to the table?
- You bring at least 5 years of relevant field experience in Africa, Asia and/or Latin America.
- You have an academic work and thinking level.
- You have experience with project management in a development, transition or humanitarian context, among which project design and proposal development, project reporting and monitoring projects at a distance.
- You have experience with our key institutional donors MFA and ECHO. Experience with the Dutch Relief Alliance (DRA) and/or SHO/Giro555 is a definite plus.
- You have knowledge of and experience in gender equality approaches in humanitarian emergencies, resilience building, disaster risk reduction, and emergency response.
- You have affinity with financial project management.
- You have excellent knowledge of English, working knowledge of French and Spanish or Arabic is a plus.
- You are willing to travel regularly.
CARE maintains a zero tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse and takes all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE staff and related personnel seriously.
What does CARE Nederland offer?
- An interesting position where taking initiative is stimulated.
- A gross monthly salary based on BBRA scale 10 (EUR 3.121,48 – EUR 4.969,11), classification depends on relevant working experience.
- One-year contract with possible extension.
- International informal work environment in which you work with colleagues from different backgrounds to achieve the goals of CARE Nederland.
- Open work culture characterized by weekly joint coffee moments and regular staff meetings.
- Location in the bustling heart of The Hague.
Ready to apply?
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the profile sought? Please send your application using the button below. The deadline to respond to this vacancy is Sunday 4 December 2022.
For more information, please contact Nok van de Langenberg,
Manager of Humanitarian Action (email@example.com).
- EU work permit is a requirement for this position.
- As long as the vacancy is still visible, responding remains possible.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.