Do you want to work as a project professional in the sustainable development sector and and are you willing to share your knowledge with staff in the countries where we operate? Then we are looking for you!
Why CARE Nederland?
We are CARE Nederland, part of CARE, an international development organization active in more than 100 countries worldwide. Originating from American food aid to Europe after the Second World War, we have been committed for 77 years to those who need it most.
CARE supports people in the most difficult places in the world in building a better life. We fight poverty by combating inequality. We do this by providing emergency aid, working on equal rights for women and making communities resilient to the effects of climate change and natural disasters by supporting them in building a sustainable livelihood. Our approach is characterized by customization: in consultation with local partners and residents we determine what is needed and what works. After all, it is only together that we can achieve sustainable results.
The team for Sustainable Development is responsible for fundraising with institutional donors and ensuring good quality project cycle management. Its programming focusses on climate smart and resilient livelihoods as well as women’s rights. The Project Manager will manage a portfolio in Sudan and South Sudan. Projects beyond these countries may be allocated based on need.
What will you be doing?
Project development and preparation.
- Identify and analyze internal and external developments and translate this into project proposals.
- Contribute to the development of new projects and advise about new project opportunities.
- Contribute project information for policy influencing and advocacy related to climate smart and resilient livelihoods and climate change adaptation.
Quality contract and project management.
- Set up projects in relevant management information systems.
- Be responsible for the realization of projects.
- Monitor, evaluate and analyze project results
- Report to and advise management and relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure donor compliance.
- Ensure good donor relation management.
- Acquire, analyze, develop and maintain relevant networks (national and international) for the development of partnerships, which contribute to project and organizational goals.
- Represent CARE Nederland in relevant platforms (national and international).
- Contribute to evidence-based policy (national and international), based on project information.
Knowledge development and sharing
- Keep up to date with developments and opportunities (donor procedures, guidelines, laws and regulations, financial opportunities etc.), analyze the impact of any changes and advise about this.
- Promote and contribute to knowledge development and sharing, internally and externally (within CARE Nederland and with country offices, peer organizations and knowledge institutes) about own projects.
You will report to the Manager of Sustainable Development on the quality of project development and implementation. You will work closely with Project Controllers on financial issues related to the projects; with the Advocacy Coordinator on matters related to policy influencing; and with the PMEAL coordinator for quality planning, monitoring and evaluation as well as for learning and knowledge development purposes.
What do you bring to the table?
- An academic background (minimum hbo).
- Experience with project management in a development, transition or humanitarian context, among which drafting program descriptions, project reporting and monitoring projects at distance.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience with institutional donors (MFA, EC, etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience in: gender equality approaches, economic development in fragile contexts, sustainable/climate-smart agriculture, value chains, and inclusive governance.
- Affinity with financial project management.
- Excellent knowledge of English, working knowledge of French or Arabic is a plus.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
CARE maintains a zero tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse and takes all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE staff and related personnel seriously.
What does CARE Nederland offer?
- An interesting position where taking initiative is stimulated.
- A gross monthly salary based on BBRA scale 10 (EUR 3.121 – EUR 4.969), classification depends on relevant working experience.
- International informal work environment in which you work with colleagues from different backgrounds to achieve the goals of CARE Nederland.
- Open work culture characterized by weekly joint coffee moments and regular staff meetings.
- Location in the bustling heart of The Hague.
Ready to apply?
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the requirements? Please send your application using the button below. The deadline to respond to this vacancy is Thursday September 29, 2022.
For more information, please contact Merlijn van Waas, Head of Sustainable Development.
- EU work permit is a requirement for this position.
- As long as the vacancy is still visible, responding remains possible.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.