Operations Coordinator at &Wider Amsterdam
An opportunity to join a fast-growing international sustainability startup.
We are an innovative data company - we generate data on working conditions using mobile tech, which is shared with brands, suppliers and others on simple actionable dashboards. In this way, &Wider is using data to improve working conditions and make supply chains more sustainable. We are doing this in 40 geographies and across 11 sectors. We are a passionate diverse team located across 2 offices, Amsterdam and Cape Town. Our Operations function is the heart of the business, and we are looking for an energetic new team member to join us and help us take our Operations to the next level.
In this role, you will work with our team to ensure that the business runs smoothly, effectively, and professionally. Your tasks and responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
- Improve, create, maintain and support the implementation of integrated systems that lighten the load for the rest of the team and enable scaling
- Support our client onboarding with tasks such as signing NDA’s, SLA’s and DPA’s, Due Diligence and supplier setup
- Set up agreements and consult with our legal partners when needed
- Coordinate daily financial tasks, processing invoices and payroll, and maintaining a digital record of financial documents
- Manage and improve monthly HR operations, such as payroll and holiday management
- Support sales administration operations by producing and checking sales documents, such as quotes and invoices
- Manage our budgets and ensure that the expenses of the accounts managed do not exceed the allocated budget
- Manage our recruitment and interview process, including candidate selection
- Coordinate incoming invoices, and staff expense receipts and ensure their timely payment
- Work closely with our Finance Manager to ensure that financial processes are as efficient, and effective as possible
- Efficiently manage the accounts' email inboxes and responding promptly to internal and external finance queries
- You have a minimum of 1 - 3 years working experience, with demonstrable experience in the described tasks and have worked extensively with Excel
- You will need to be very accurate and have exceptional attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and juggle between different tasks is essential
- You are diligent, flexible, autonomous, a self-starter, a quick learner, love to be challenged, a team player and an active listener
- It is key that you are seeing opportunities for efficiency gains, are proactive and will naturally take initiative on where better processes and systems can be built to support scaling
- You are inspired by our mission to become the leading platform for measuring and improving working conditions along global supply chains, and 100% motivated by our impact
Non-negotiable: both within the team as well as to all our clients and partners we communicate in English, but for this role it is key that you are able to read Dutch, for instance, understand letters from the Belastingdienst.
Our working environment
We are a dynamic, fun, collaborative and supportive team of 17 who enjoy working together. We highly value an inclusive working environment, and strongly believe that work should be fun as well as meaningful. We have a passion for human rights and our work directly drives social impact.
Application and position details
Deadline to apply: 30 June 2022
Salary range: €30,000 - €40,000 annual gross for a full-time position, depending on experience
Please send an email with your CV and a short motivation covering your experience and why you would like to apply for the Operations Coordinator position to firstname.lastname@example.org