M&E Impact Lead
RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change. We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centred digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass. We work in countries where the human rights of young people are under threat. Connecting with young people through digital media is instrumental in our approach to achieving sustainable, inclusive, and stable societies by 2030.
We are proud to have 75 years of experience in the media sector, over 50 years as a training centre and more than 10 years working for impact.
We are looking for a M&E Impact Lead
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Purpose of the position
The M&E Impact Lead is responsible for measuring the impact of RNW Media’s organisational, programmatic and (digital media and learning) solutions' impact, using data collection, research, analysis and learnings. The M&E Impact Lead leads the monitoring & evaluation and the development of impact measurement systems considering offline and online datasets. The M&E Impact Lead is the people manager of the Impact pool of expertise. They will also work on projects, both internal and external, and ensure a healthy workload for their pool of expertise.
Positioning in the organisation
The M&E Impact Lead reports to the Programme Director.
- The people manager for the Impact pool of experts. This entails being first point of contact regarding all personnel matters. This includes, but is not limited to, responsible for performance cycle, wellbeing, learning & development and regular check-in with pool members.
- Aligns with the Director and Human Resources on personnel matters.
- Translates RNW Media’s strategic and programmatic direction and objectives into impact (multi-year) plans, goals, and policies;
- Co-develops and implements a comprehensive RNW Media’s strategy on Social Behavioural Change (SBC) using evidence based theories and methodologies, and in close collaboration with the organisation’s network of partners and stakeholders.
- Develops, sets-up and oversees the implementation, execution, maintenance and/or management of M&E processes, methodologies, tools and systems for effective information management, data collection, analysis and reporting to demonstrate programme progress and impact; also ensures alignment across programmes, solutions for tracking organisational impact
- Oversees the collection of digital and non-digital data in different projects, supports in its analyses and use for fundraising, advocacy and programmatic purposes;
- Oversees and ensures the design, implementation and realisation of baseline(s), midterm(s) and end of project evaluation(s), surveys and other components of the M&E system;
- Contributes and supports the development and implementation of RNW Media’s responsible data framework;
- Oversees a research agenda using expertise in mixed-method (qualitative and quantitative) research methods; and ensures that findings are socialised (internally and externally)
- Recommends and supports implementation of changes to programmes and (digital) intervention strategies based on learning and evaluations;
- Contributes to the development of new project proposals;
- Is present at internal and external stakeholder events as a subject matter expert.
What you bring
- At least 7 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) in an international development context; experience with digital M&E (digital/social media) is considered an asset
- Experience in people management;
- Master's Degree in international development, social sciences, (development) economics or another relevant discipline;
- Knowledge of and experience with qualitative and quantitative research (mixed) methods, in particular digital analytics, surveys and text/content analysis are highly relevant.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Strong conceptual knowledge about theories of change approach, logical models and data quality assurance;
- Experience with facilitation and implementation of M&E capacity building (internally and externally);
- Strong software skills are an asset, experience with quantitative packages (SPSS, R, Stata), qualitative packages (Nvivo, MAXQDA) and visualisation (Power BI, Tableau)
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French and/or Spanish) is considered a great asset;
- Experience of working with external consultants, researchers, and strategic partners;
- A valid working permit for the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 10 (€4.171,80- – €6.087,36-). Your salary and where you sit within the scale will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
Screening for integrity is part of the application process of RNW Media. RNW Media considers it essential to ensure the reliability, professionalism and integrity of its organisation and its employees. And as such, RNW Media may request two references (both written & telephonic) and request a Certificate of Conduct (VOG).
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work. We are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age.
How to apply?
Please apply here by submitting your CV and motivation letter before March 10th, 2024.
In your application letter outline demonstrable examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. An assignment can be part of the procedure.
Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.