Learning and Knowledge Internship
Do you want to fight for equality? Tackling inequality at its roots, together with colleagues, our partner organizations and activists in more than 90 countries? To change the systems behind it, once and for all!
Oxfam Novib stands behind the people who stand up for equality. Together, we fight for a world where everyone has equal opportunities, regardless of gender, ethnicity or skin color. A world where everyone feels safe; where income gaps are shrinking instead of growing, where climate change is tackled in a firmer and more honest way.
Equality is the common thread throughout our activities and projects, but also internally. We are aware that our team of colleagues can be even more diverse and that having a diverse team is the only way to see the world from a broad perspective. To obtain a multi-voiced team, we are therefore calling in particular on women, members of the BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ communities, or people with disabilities to apply for this internship.
Apply and become part of Oxfam Novib!
Description of the Department
The core responsibility of the Programs Department is to achieve impact. The department designs, supports and manages our program, projects and global campaigns that help achieve our 10-year vision of an inclusive (Equal), secure (Safe), equitable (Fair) and sustainable (Green) world in an efficient and effective manner, ensuring high quality. The department is also responsible for engaging with institutional donors and leads on program quality and learning frameworks.
Purpose of the LINK Unit
The unit supports, connects, and collaborates with colleagues and partners to ensure impactful multi-country programs based on sound methodologies, evidence of progress towards objectives, and lessons learnt on what works for our Equal, Green, Fair and Safe goals. This is achieved within and beyond the Oxfam confederation through the team's expertise and by influencing and challenging the culture and practice around monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL), Research, Innovation and Knowledge & Learning.
Description of the internship opportunity
The intern will work in the learning facilitation and knowledge management team of Oxfam Novib, which sits in the Learning Innovation and Knowledge unit, making the results of our work visible and based on robust evidence. The main objective of the internship is to support the learning trajectories, events and processes underway in support of our programs, and work with the knowledge and learning specialists to ensure the knowledge we harvest is organized and accessible.
The research team supports both programmes harvesting and synthesizing evidence as part of our learning strategies.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Support implementation and continuous improvement of Oxfam Novib’s Knowledge & Learning Framework;
- Map and identify learning processes underway and synthesizes their results in order to make them accessible to multiple stakeholders
- Supports learning facilitation and provides logistic and administrative support for learning events with multiple partners.
- Formulates purposeful agenda recommendations for ensuring our learning events and trajectories are inclusive and able to yield the expected outcomes
- Supports the knowledge and learning team make sense of disperse learning trajectories and develops alternatives for knowledge organization and management
- Develop meaningful impact and change stories in collaboration with LINK and project implementation teams
- Is able to explore alternatives to present the results of our work (including, infographics, video and animations).
Who are we looking for?
- Currently a Masters’ degree student in a relevant field of study.
- Very good command of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word), and ideally also with software and web-based tools (e.g., Canva, Miro) to create creative content (e.g. infographics, presentations)
- Experience facilitating and supporting facilitation of complex conversations
- Experience with analyzing qualitative data and reporting qualitative findings
- Good communication skills in English, verbal and written, can present well in English.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A good understanding of organizational communication processes.
- Highly motivated, result-oriented and are a team player.
- Willing to learn and share your knowledge with others.
Applicants to the internships at Oxfam Novib must meet the following requirements:
- Be an active student of 18 years of age minimum;
- Be enrolled at a Dutch educational institution (first level university degree, higher schools (HBO) or other), the internship is part of the study programme;
- Have less than 3 years of relevant full-time work experience;
- Have legal right to live and work in The Netherlands or be prepared to obtain the right to follow an internship as part of their study in the Dutch educational institution, by signing a three-party internship agreement.
- Any staff member who has previously been in employment with Oxfam Novib shall not be hired as an intern.
An intern in Oxfam Novib is offered an internship contract for the duration of the internship and a monthly allowance based on €450,- per month on a basis of a 36-hour work week, pro-rata in case of less hours.
The intern is expected to have a student OV card; however, if not applicable, a reimbursement of commuting costs will be offered.
Oxfam Novib works on hybrid basis – partly from office, partly from home.
During the internship, the intern is supervised, overarching by the manager and daily/weekly by a designated colleague/buddy. The period of this internship takes place between Januari/Februari 2024 until May/June 2024 (approximately a period of 5 months).
Working at Oxfam Novib
All our work is guided by our core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness, Courage, Solidarity and Equality.
At Oxfam Novib, we work according to the Feminist Principles - Oxfam Policy & Practice.
Oxfam Novib is based on the power of difference. That is why we aim to attract a diverse mix of talented people who share our standards, values, and principles, and who are committed to prevent and eliminate any type of misconduct.
We have an active policy against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any form of abuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. This subject will be covered in our application and selection process.
Do you believe that this is the internship you are looking for? Then we would love to receive your application! Please note that only applications received before the closing date 26 November 2023 and submitted via our application portal will be taken into consideration.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact Maxime Boumans at email@example.com