Save the Children Netherlands is looking for an intern to support its work for the Learning Organisation project. The role involves conducting a range of internal evaluations on projects and processes, with direct supervision of the Senior MEAL Manager. Starting date is October 2022 for a period of 5-6 months, 4-5 days per week.
- Conduct internal evaluations on key projects, processes or other activities for Save the Children Netherlands. The evaluations will involve: developing data collection tools, collecting quantitative and/or qualitative data, analysing the data collected, producing evaluation reports and presenting key findings to target audiences.
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor's level education in a relevant subject. Enrolment in a Master's course is a plus
- Knowledge of NGO and/or development sector, preferably through prior volunteering experience
- Good analysis and research skills
- Quantitative and/or qualitative research experience
- Previous experience in evaluation work is a distinctive plus
- Fluent spoken and written English, Dutch would be an advantage
- EU national or entitled to work in the Netherlands, preferably living in or nearby Den Haag
- Flexible working style, self- motivated and willing to learn
- Ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children
What We Offer:
We provide the opportunity to get first-hand work experience in the NGO sector and particularly in evaluation, working in a multicultural and friendly environment of an organisation with presence in over than 120 countries globally.
We value the learning experience of the internship and, as much as possible, we provide learning opportunities to our interns.
We offer a reimbursement of 300 EUR per month (for 4/5 days a week) and travel costs reimbursement (in case travel costs occur).
Please note that the internship requires office attendance of at least 2 days a week; work during remaining days can be completed from home.
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to apply by 19th September 2022 by submitting, in English, a CV and cover letter detailing the motivation and interest in the opportunity, and how this opportunity will contribute to their course of study.
If you have any questions on the procedure, please send an email to email@example.com