Internship HR, People and Culture
Are you ready to be part of the change-making squad? At Oxfam Novib, we're on a mission to dismantle inequality and create a world where everyone has an equal shot at success, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or skin color. A world where everyone feels safe; where income gaps are shrinking instead of growing, where climate change is tackled in a firmer and more honest way. If you're all about empowerment, inclusivity, and fighting for a brighter future, we want you on our team!
Equality is the common thread throughout our activities and projects, but also internally. We are aware that our team of colleagues can be even more diverse and that having a diverse team is the only way to see the world from a broad perspective. All our work is guided by our core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness, Courage, Solidarity and Equality. At Oxfam Novib, we work according to the Feminist Principles - Oxfam Policy & Practice.
To obtain a multi-voiced team, we are therefore calling on women, members of the BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ communities, or people with disabilities to apply for this internship.
If you are passionate about HR and eager to gain hands-on experience in a dynamic and international environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
Apply and become part of Oxfam Novib!
HR, People and Culture team
The welcoming team consists of 4 HR Support Officers, 1 HR Officer Business Process, 2 HR Business Partners, 1 Talent & Resourcing Specialist, 1 Wellbeing and Engagement Specialist, 1 Payroll Officer, 1 Compensation & Benefits Specialist and 1 Corporate Recruiter. Together, they report to the HR, People and Culture Manager.
As an intern, your key tasks will be to…
📜 Help onboard new team members and get them ready for their Oxfam adventure by preparing new hire paperwork and conducting induction week sessions.
💻 Support HRPC administration tasks like a pro.
🎉 Get in on the action by helping plan and execute epic employee engagement activities.
🌟 Dive into talent management, helping create development plans that shine (including L&D).
🤝 Assist with recruiting rockstars, including posting job ads, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews and following up with the correct GPDR administration.
Who Are We Looking For?
📚 Currently pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
📝 Organized and can juggle tasks like a pro while meeting deadlines.
🗣 Excellent English skills, and if you know Dutch, that's a bonus!
😂 You have a healthy dose of humor and a knack for keeping things in perspective.
🤯 You can think and act analytically, independently, and creatively to address problems.
🤹♂️ Multitasking abilities and agility.
🌍 Strong cultural sensitivity and gender awareness.
👫 Team player and independent worker.
🕒 Available for at least ± 20 weeks, starting in January/February 2024 for 24-36 hours per week.
📚 Who Can Apply?
- Age is just a number, but we do ask that you're at least 18 years old.
- You’ve got to be enrolled in a Dutch educational institution, and it's all good if you're chasing that first-level university degree, rocking it at higher schools (HBO), or something equally awesome.
- Keep your work experience under 3 years – we are looking for upcoming talent that's hungry to learn!
- Have legal right to live and work in The Netherlands or be prepared to obtain the right to follow an internship as part of their study in the Dutch educational institution, by signing a three-party internship agreement.
- If you've been an Oxfam Novib staff member before, we can't hire you as an intern – we're all about fresh faces and new perspectives.
💼 What We Offer:
- A monthly allowance of €450 on the basis of a 36-hour work week, with pro-rata options.
- You are expected to have a student OV card; however, if not, commuting cost reimbursement is offered.
- A hybrid work setup – part office, part remote.
- Supervision and mentorship during your internship, overarching by the manager and daily/weekly by a designated colleague/buddy.
- A rewarding 5-month journey from January/February 2024 to May/June 2024.
🌈 Why Oxfam Novib?
At Oxfam Novib, we celebrate diversity and uphold values that make our world better. We're all about preventing and eliminating misconduct, so we can focus on making a positive impact.
We have an active policy against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any form of abuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. This subject will be covered in our application and selection process.
💪 Join the Squad
If you're ready to dive into this internship and be part of the change, send in your application before November 26, 2023. Our interviews start rolling as soon as we spot amazing candidates, so don't wait! Submit your application via our portal to secure your spot.
📧 Need more info? Contact Mariska Bodewes, Corporate Recruiter, at email@example.com.
Let's tackle inequality, one internship at a time. Are you in? 🌍 #OxfamNovibInternship #ChangeMakersWantedinHR