"an inspiring opportunity to experience working in international NGO, to learn more about (institutional) fundraising, the humanitarian aid sector and War Child’s mission”
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance in the way we work with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. We work with a hybrid work model, which means that we work from home as well as in office.
You are interested in working with an international development organisation focused on children and eager to contribute and learn. You would like to learn more about how major institutions such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the European Union and the United Nations and how they distribute their funds for humanitarian aid. You are curious to know how these grants are invested in order to protect conflict-affected children from violence and help them establish a positive outlook on the future. Moreover, you are interested in interdepartmental and external communication.
We are seeking someone enthusiastic, results driven with great communication skills as you will support the support the team with a wide variety of tasks related to communication, institutional fundraising, account management and quality assurance.
- Track institutional donors and funding opportunities through intensive online research.
- Screen and analyse opportunities with institutional donors and foundations.
- Support in the administration of contacts, accounts, opportunities and grants in War Child’s CRM database.
- Develop, design, write and edit communication materials, including newsletters, webinar invitations and other communication content.
- Support in designing and editing other materials, such as grant proposals, donor reports, training materials, etc.
- Support with administrative and filing tasks.
- Other support activities to the team .
Required Skills and Experience
- You are enrolled in a Dutch higher education institute (HBO/university) for the duration of the internship
- You are a final year Bachelor or Master student in a relevant field of study such as, International Relations, International Development or
- EU national or eligible to work in EU
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language, both spoken and written
- Demonstratable interest and/or knowledge of the development sector through prior work/volunteer/study experience is a plus
- Good analytical, research and writing skills
- Good communicative skills – the ability to retrieve relevant information about funding possibilities with different organizations in different countries
- Accurate, precise and eye for detail
- Good sense of priorities and time management
- Quick understanding of different computer software and filing systems
- Self-motivated independent worker with the ability to follow direction and effectively learn
- Good team working skills
- Experience with data analysis or working with large data sets is welcome.
This internship is for a period of minimum 5-6 months for 4-5 days per week, ideally starting from September 2022. Start at a later date can be discussed. As per War Child Intern Policy, fee will be €200 gross per month (based on 5 days).
Please note that an intern at War Child needs to be a registered student at a Dutch educational institution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by submitting your CV (English, max 2 pages) and cover letter, no later than 25 August 2022 by using the following hyperlink:
Please mention where you found this vacancy.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
By submitting your application, you certify that all the statements made in your application are true, complete, and correct and are made in good faith. You understand that falsifying, misrepresenting or intentionally withholding information will be grounds for rejection of your application or withdrawal of any offer of appointment or, if an appointment offer has been accepted, this will be ground for employment sanctions, such as, but not limited to, instant dismissal. In addition, you understand that you need to submit a Criminal Record Certificate and that, if you fail to submit it, no employment relationship can be established.
War Child is an international organisation, and we are committed to be a diverse and inclusive employer, placing human and child rights at the centre of our existence and work. We hire our new colleagues based on their talents, competences and shared values; we do not distinguish them based on their age, gender and gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, disability etc.
The safety of children and youth is a paramount and essential to War Child’s work. War Child has a zero-tolerance policy towards any form of abuse. To prevent placing children and youth at any risk this subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, such as humanitarian values and principles, Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, International Humanitarian Law, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and IASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain active.