Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and do you want to support learning processes in Solidaridad? We offer you a challenging internship in an inspiring international setting with the opportunity to learn and make a difference in the world.
INTERN KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND LEARNING
(4/6 months, 36 hrs/week, based in Utrecht)
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization that provides solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all. Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, South America, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. In Solidaridad Europe, the Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) team is building knowledge to deliver effective, efficient and relevant programming and to enable continuous improvement in the organization.
The KML strategy is based on three pillars:
- generating evidence by making sure quantitative and qualitative project data is collected in projects;
- bringing together internal and external intelligence and produce knowledge products that support colleagues in their programming and show our track record and thought leadership to external stakeholders;
- strengthening functional excellence in the organization and teams by facilitating training, learning trajectories and information sharing (the Solidaridad Europe Academy).
The Intern KML will:
- identify relevant knowledge outside Solidaridad and will help to make it accessible for colleagues in the organization;
- develop project overviews, project fact sheets and thematic papers to get more insight in Solidaridad’s running projects and systemize the results and lessons learnt of past projects.
The Intern KML will work in close collaboration with KML team members, colleagues of other teams in Solidaridad Europe and program staff in other regional expertise centres in the Solidaridad Network. The Intern formally reports to the Head of KML.
- With support of Solidaridad colleagues, map key knowledge institutes and researchers that do research in the area of sustainability;
- Collect intelligence from selected knowledge institutes for prioritized themes;
- Support the preparation of information meetings and learning sessions for colleagues;
- Support the preparation of intelligence papers to inform the Solidaridad Network about new research findings as input for new projects;
- Prepare overviews with short descriptions of all current and past projects of Solidaridad;
- Prepare project fact sheets, presenting the results of running and ended projects;
- Support the preparation of thematic papers;
- Support the preparation of internal and external communication on project results and knowledge products of Solidaridad.
- Following a Masters degree in development studies, international relation, biology, earth sciences, agronomy or another relevant education;
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad;
- Skills in processing information and summarizing it in short papers;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Service-oriented, proactive and team player;
- Pragmatic, flexible and autonomous;
- Ability to connect and work with people from all backgrounds and cultures;
- Professional fluency in English;
- Preferably experience in developing beautiful presentations or graphic materials;
- Allowed to work in the Netherlands.
- Support in development of your learning or research plan;
- Onboarding, support and coaching to enable you to learn;
- A unique and challenging internship within an inspiring and international setting;
- A 4-6 month contract, starting in March 2023 or as soon as possible after that, an internship compensation (EUR 250/300 per month) and compensation of travel costs;
- Depending on how Corona evolves, A working space in our inspiring office in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Do you recognize yourself in the candidate profile? Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to email@example.com and state "Application: Intern KML” in the subject header. If you already have ideas about what you would like to learn or research during your internship at Solidaridad Europe, please indicate this in your motivation letter. Also indicate clearly in which period you would like to do the internship.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to Arjen Mulder or Karen Werkman (+31 (0)30 272 03 13). No agencies please.
For more information about Solidaridad please refer to http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to our website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.