Making the most of fair wear’s human resources
At Fair Wear Foundation, we know there’s a better way to make clothes. One where the garment industry supports workers’ rights to safe, dignified, and properly paid employment.
We partner with brands and support workers, taking practical steps to show that it’s possibleto make clothes in a fairer way. With trade unions, governments and other industry influencers,we push towards a new normal to create systemic change that goes far beyond our reach. Together, we’re making fashion fair for everyone.
Fair Wear is an international non-profit organisation with around 45 highly diverse staff based in The Netherlands and Germany, as well as expert teams in eleven production countries. For moreabout our work, see here.
Overview of role and responsibilities
As HR and personnel officer, you will be a member of the Support Team which renders Finance, Personnel Administration, HRM, Office Management and IT services. You will report to the Human Resource and Operations Manager. Your primary responsibility as HR officer will be the personnel administration and recruitment support of the staff members with Dutch labour contracts, based in Amsterdam and in Germany. For non-EU based colleagues, you will provide HR related administrative support on, for e.g., contracts. You work closely together with all teams on recruitment and are available to staff members to answer questions on issues like pension, leave and illness. The well being of Fair Wear staff is important to you.
The HR and personnel officer will be responsible for:
- Recruitment coordination and implementation whereby you work together closely with team supervisors and team members.
- Supporting teams, supervisors, and staff members on HR issues such as case-management and the application of staff regulations.
- Support the HR and Operations Manager with reporting, policy development, and advice to management.
- Personnel administration: this includes preparing contracts, sick leave and make sure the personnel files are complete and up to date, pension and insurance administration.
- Preparation of staff contracts in and outside the Netherlands.
- In close cooperation with the Office Manager, ensure Health and Safety procedures for staff and adhered to.
- Payroll administration. Preferably you have experience with payroll in AFAS or a similar programme. If that is not the case, you will be responsible for coordinating this with an external agency with which you make sure that a correct and timely payment takes place every month.
This position is for 28 – 32 hours a week and is based at our Amsterdam headquarters. At least half of your working hours, on average, should be spent at the office. In addition, one month per year can be allowed for remote working.
Skills and qualifications
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor or professional training in HR/ Personnel Administration or equivalent
- At least 4 years relevant professional experience in HR. Experience with salary administration and/or AFAS will be a plus
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of the Dutch labour laws and willingness to stay up to date
- People focused and team player. Enjoys working in a multicultural team and is culturally sensitive
- Flexibility and ability to manage tasks independently
- Dutch work permit or equivalent
- A challenging job with a wide variety of responsibilities in an international and dynamic environment
- A one-year contract for 32 hours per week with the intention to extend
- Wage offer depending on experience in: scale 10 (€ 2756 - € 4430) based upon a 36 hour working week).
- A hybrid work setting with an office at the World Fashion Centre in Amsterdam
If you are interested in this position, please send your English application of your CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday 20 November 2022.
We will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis and will close the vacancy if the right candidate is found before the stated deadline. As such, we encourage you to submit your applications sooner rather than later.
Please visit www.fairwear.org for more information about our organisation. For more information about Fair Wear and this application process in general, you can contact us here. For questions on this position’s requirements specifically, please contact Maureen Brouwer (email@example.com).
Recruitment agencies are asked to refrain from approaching Fair Wear Foundation about this or any other vacancy.