Justdiggit (www.justdiggit.org) is a fast-growing NGO working on landscape
restoration in Africa. We are approaching 50 employees in 8 different countries
(3 in Europe, 5 in Africa) and have seen strong growth in the past 2 years. As
we are scaling further, we are looking to further professionalize our Human
Resource management and ensure our strong Justdiggit culture and DNA is
firmly rooted within the organization and its people. Now and in the future.
We have a hugely ambitious goal: we want to enable 350 million subsistence farmers in
Sub-Saharan Africa to regreen their own land before 2030!
If we bring back nature on a large enough scale, we can positively impact climate change.
Together with farmers, pastoralists, and local partners, we cool down the planet by
regreening dry and degraded land in Sub-Saharan Africa. We combine traditional and
scalable nature-based solutions with data, communication and (mobile) technology. Our
goal is not just to regreen Africa; it’s to grow an interconnected grassroots regreening
movement that inspires people all over the world to DIG IN for our planet.
We currently have two main offices, in Amsterdam and Nairobi, and have staff in 8
countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Togo, Madagascar, the Netherlands,
United Kingdom and Germany. Furthermore, we expect to add new staff in Senegal soon.
We are looking for a Head of People &
Culture to join our team, working
closely with the management team on
developing and implementing a HR
strategy and align this with our
- Support Senior Management in developing and monitoring our HR strategy
- Implement the HR strategy
- Codify the Justdiggit culture and DNA
- Manage the full cycle of the recruitment process
- Manage the onboarding process of new team members
- Maintain, and continuously improve HR processes
- Setting up structures that ensure our employees have a safe and enjoyable working environment which allows them to thrive
- Create solutions for personal and professional development
- Be a daily point of contact for our employees
- All of the above is applicable for all countries Justdiggit has staff working in and from. Your main duty station will be Amsterdam. However, if you are fluent in Dutch and live in Kenya, we are also open for you working from Nairobi
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Be very enthusiastic about and fully supportive of our mission: helping 350 million subsistence farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa to regreen their own land by 2030!
- 8+ years of HR experience, preferably in an organisation that operates internationally
- If you have worked in an organization that was scaling up, that would be a definite plus
- Proven skills in developing and implementing policies, strategies and structures in HR
- Native level of fluency in Dutch and fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Competence and skills to work across and with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- You like to work independent but in a highly motivated and passionate team
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Experience in hands-on developing and implementing an HR strategy
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Be part of a great mission: regreen our planet!
- As part of a fast-growing organization, there will be ample room for personal and professional development
- A flexible and hybrid working environment
- Great colleagues and a diverse team
If you believe you are the right person for this role, please send your CV and motivation
letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of Friday March 24th 2023.