KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient, and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses, and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in more than 40 countries worldwide. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
The Operations Division (OD) oversees the daily management and operations of all projects, quality control and technical and financial reporting to its respective donors. This includes partner coordination, donor relationship, project lifecycle management, project set up, work plan & budget preparations, M&E, and implementation in collaboration with the divisions Finance & Administration (F&A) and TB Elimination & Health Systems Innovations (TBE&HSI). The OD oversees and facilitates the development and donor approval of the work plans and budgets, transfers the necessary funds, and monitors technical and financial progress. The OD keeps all partners informed about relevant matters, ensuring that donors’ policies are adhered to, and rules and regulations are followed.
Purpose of the position
The Grant Manager is responsible for one or more grants and contributes to the effective management of assigned grants and related project implementation.
The Hague, The Netherlands (preferred), alternative duty stations (KNCV Country Offices (branch)) can be discussed.
The Grant Manager reports to the Director Operations.
- Coordinate Project Teams of all staff members assigned to the project (under development) in collaboration with the Technical Project Leads;
- Be the sparring partner/direct point of contact at HQ for in-country project coordinators;
- Ensure proper execution of the HRM for project staff: Coordinate and facilitate the process of developing, revising, finalizing, and submitting work plans, budgets, and other necessary documentation to the local donor offices;
- Visit the project sites and countries in his/her portfolio based on needs.
- Oversee the project design, work plan and budget preparations and revisions, regular and ad hoc reporting requests;
- Gather up to date information of relevant donors’ rules, principles, and procedures;
- Ensure that the grants are designed and implemented according to the KNCV and donor specific operations manuals;
- Coordinate the administrative and contracting processes related to the technical assistance provided by external consultant(s) as well as other sub awards included in Grant implementation;
- Coordinate the monitoring and reporting system of the project implementation process, including the submission of necessary regular and ad hoc reports to the relevant donors;
- Ensure quality, timely implementation of all approved activities and projects against the work plan and budget;
- Ensure proper archiving of relevant grant documentation;
- Ensure and where relevant implements appropriate procurement procedures;
- Monitor the status of all aspects of the grant development in country (financial, technical and project management) and at HQ level.
- Support acquisition and contributes to Resource Mobilization;
- Represent KNCV externally on project design and management issues with partners both at HQ level and in country;
- Engage with all in-country implementing partners, as well as their headquarters, local beneficiaries, donors, and stakeholders;
- Prepare and review contractual agreements with partners and external contractors.
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and performance/operation metrics;
- Excellent inter-personal and negotiating skills;
- Excellent time management & decision-making skills;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and one other relevant language.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Demonstrated skills in project management;
- Basic experience in the field of public health and TB control in developing and transitioning countries;
- Experience in managing a project team;
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations (US, EU, etc.);
- Experience in contractual aspects of grant management, including sub awards.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 1-year contract with extension possibility;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via https://www.kncvtbc.org/en/vacancy/grant-manager/ before 21 September 2022.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.