Financial Project Controller
Fulltime (40 hours per week) – based in Amsterdam
Period: 1 September 2022 – 31 August 2023
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is seeking an inquisitive and results-driven team player to fill the position of Financial Project Controller. We offer you an international setting with a high pace that demands a flexible, assertive, and creative attitude.
The Financial Project Controller manages the financial accounting operations of AIGHD. AIGHD is a project organization with a running portfolio of around 50 to 60 active projects from different funding sources. The main challenge is to comply with all sorts of different reporting requirements/grant regulations during the periodic financial project process. Set-up and maintenance of adequate internal control procedures to mitigate financial risks and ensuring of compliance with financial donor reporting requirements and the Dutch Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (NL-GAAP). This diversity in financial regulations and donor reporting guidelines resulting from the diverse project portfolio managed by AIGHD, demands a critical analysis from the Financial Project Controller.
The Financial Project Controller will work closely with the Finance & Control team of the PharmAccess Foundation and Project Management team of AIGHD and reports directly to the General Manager of AIGHD.
Key tasks & Responsibilities
- Preparation of / assist with the yearly entity budget cycle and maintain an adequate latest estimate (LE) based on developments in the project portfolio (pipeline/new/closed projects);
- Preparation of periodically financial (project) reports for internal and external purposes.
The financial entity reporting consists of:
- Financial project reporting per active project;
- Determine the income recognition per active project;
- Financial closing of terminated projects;
- Preparation of ‘Work in Progress’ overview of the contract portfolio;
- Part of the compilation of these reports is analysing and explaining/reporting significant differences in close cooperation with the involved Project Managers;
- Review financial reports from partner organisations;
- Setup and maintain an audit trail on the compliance with donor/ Grant regulations (For example: European Union) of reported expenditures;
- Monitoring of the liquidity position on project and entity level;
- Develop and maintain internal control procedures.
- Coordinate the financial administrative processes at AIGHD with the Finance & Control team of the PharmAccess Foundation
- In the yearly interim and financial audit on the Annual Accounts and additionally in case of subsidy audits:
- Prepare audit files;
- Be the first point of contact for the external accountant/auditor
- Writing of the (draft) Annual Accounts.
- Lead the migration process of Exact Synergy / Exact Financials
- Participate in Operational Management Team meetings
- Provide financial advice to Management.
- Coaching of Assistant Controller and Trainee Control, if applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experienced in NL-GAAP
- Experienced in working in an international project funded environment;
- Knowledge of financial accounting/ bookkeeping (preferably: Exact Globe / Exact Financials / Exact Synergy);
- Excellent skills in Excel;
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations;
- Knowledge of and experienced with VAT;
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- A good understanding of the English and Dutch language in writing and speech is required.
AIGHD offers a gross monthly salary between EUR 4.996 and EUR 6.956 (maximum) based on a fulltime contract, depending on your work experience and expertise.
We also offer:
- An excellent job opportunity in a cutting-edge working environment in global health and development.
- 25 holidays per year based on a fulltime workweek of 40 hours.
- An attractive collective pension plan.
- A very comprehensive collective health insurance scheme.
Please send your application before 30 juni 2022 (including CV and letter of motivation) to HR Support at AIGHD email@example.com. Applications will be handled continuously.
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health & Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research prioritizing infectious disease elimination, antimicrobial drug resistance, chronic care & ageing, urbanization & health, health markets, and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs, and the scientific community.
No (recruitment) agencies please