We are Dorcas and we desire justice, both for people and their communities, so that they flourish. We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis. This is how we follow Jesus Christ.
We are a Christian organisation and we work prayerfully. We value entrepreneurship and are ready to go off the beaten track. We desire to partner with everyone who shares our mission.
The Finance department is looking for an enthusiastic
Financial Officer Emergency Response Ukraine
Scope of employment: 24 hours a week
Commencement of employment: a.s.a.p. till the end of 2023
To be stationed in Almere, the Netherlands
The Financial Officer supports our Country Offices Ukraine, Moldova and Romania in monitoring and analysing the financial administrations of the specific projects of the Emergency Response Ukraine. In addition he or she carries out the international treasury policy, as well as various activities connected to project administration of the Emergency Response Ukraine.
You will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and analysing the project administration of the Emergency Response Ukraine kept by the Country Offices;
- Providing an assessment of and input on budgets;
- Drawing up financial project reports, including proper analysis, recommendations if possible and/or the financial reports from the International Office;
- Asses and analyse budgets and financial reports on compliance with directives of, Governmental Funding and Other Non-Profit Organisations;
- Acquire, maintain and share knowledge of compliance with directives of, Governmental Funding and Other Non-Profit Organisations.
- Bsc degree in financial control (SPD or comparable level) and a thorough understanding of the financial and administrative cycle;
- Excellent Excel skills and the ability to analyse financial figures rapidly;
- Proficient in rapidly analysing financial figures;
- Proficient in working under pressure;
- Proficient in setting the right priorities;
- Proficient in taking the proper decisions based on the information gathered;
- Knowledge of financial compliance for important IF funds such as DRA, UN, and suitability to work with these funds;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Dutch;
- Adherence to the mission and vision of Dorcas.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a challenging and educational position within an organisation with a mission. Your work environment is international, inspiring and dynamic. You will work in a committed team. The position is classified in scale 9 (a minimum of €3,015 to a maximum of €4,455 ) and you will receive good secondary employment conditions (including a working from home scheme, travel allowance and a non-contributory pension).
Information and application:
Does the position appeal to you and do you recognise yourself in the profile? Are you enthusiastic about our mission and would you like to commit yourself to it? Send your CV and motivation letter and convince us of your suitability and enthusiasm. We would also like to read what motivates you to start working for us bases on your Christian faith.
Send your application to email@example.com, for the attention of John Wolff, Finance Manager. Your application will be evaluated on a rolling basis. For questions about the procedure of position, please contact John Wolff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*All Dorcas employees are asked to sing the Dorcas code of conduct and to adhere to it all times. In the Dorcas code of conduct, the protection of the child has specific attention. We follow the PSEA (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) guidelines. Successful recruitment depends on positive completion of background screening, including references from former employers.