Powerful women, healthy societies.
We strive for a world in which all women and girls enjoy their human rights to water and sanitation, resulting in healthy and just societies. By joining Simavi you will create a stage for millions of girls and women raising their voice to demand climate and social justice.
Purpose of the role
The Financial Support Officer contributes to the financial set up and monitoring of the Simavi programmes and projects. You will support the Programme staff (based in 7 countries) in developing and realising accurate, timely and comprehensive budgets for Simavi programmes and projects, cash flow forecasts and monitoring of their (financial) progress and results. You will monitor, perform checks on programmes, give advice and support to the Programme staff (in all our countries) and contributes to the improvement of financial processes around programmes.
Your result areas
- Financial support to programme officers / managers on programe development and implementation
- Monitoring, assessment and reporting for programme implementation circle
- Collect financial data for the preparation of proposals, periodic and ad hoc reporting, analysis, liquidity forecasts and budgets; on behalf of internal or external stakeholders
- Financial analysis and assessment of programmes and project proposals including revenues, spendings and cash flow forecasts
- Check the correctness and approve payments to partners according to the set procedures and guidelines
- Detect any bottlenecks in workprocesses and/or financial systems; make suggestions for improvement, develop standards to optimize work processes and take appropriate actions.
- Act as a key user for the management information system on programmes (Pluriform/ProjectConnect), especially on the financial field
- Facilitate capacity building and expert knowledge in financial administration and control on partner level and provide training to colleagues on drafting and managing budgets, the management information system, AO/IC and internal procedures.
What you bring
- HBO level of education and a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in preparing budgets for funding applications to different donors
- Knowledge and understanding of international finance, accounting, budgeting and the financial management of programmes
- You stand your ground and know how to provide and receive feedback in a positive way.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Affinity with the concept of “Shift the power” (decolonization) of processes and responsibilities
- Affinity with feminist leadership principle
How do we work?
Simavi is an agile organisation, giving everybody the space and responsibility to contribute to our goals. We are organized in Circles, each of it having a clear purpose and responsibilities (Programmes Circles, Finance and Operations, etc.). Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting. We believe in feminist leadership principles and are committed to shift the power closer to action, to our partners and the communities we work with.
In this role, you will work with the Programmes Circle and reports to Director of Programmes. You will also works closely together with the (Senior) financial controller(s). This role can be base in the Netherlands or in one of the country were we are active (Bangladesh, Nepal, Uganda or Kenya).
The procedure will consist in 2 interviews, a reference check, a case study and a Certificate of Conduct.
Do you have questions about this position? Please contact Saskia Geling, Programme Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org.