‘Enthusiastic and proactive colleague with a passion for numbers’
32-40 hours a week
At War Child Holland (WCH) we work to improve the resilience and wellbeing of children living with violence and armed conflict. In line with War Child’s ambition to be a networked expert organization, it is the expertise that matters to us in a global environment where country borders in terms of workplace slowly disappear.
The finance team consists of the finance manager, the controllers and the finance admin team. You will be a part of the finance admin team consisting of a team lead and three finance officers, including you.
You provide a supportive contribution by performing administrative duties, processing relevant data and providing information. In addition to this, you provide proactive analyses, prepares reports, develops financial tools and have external contacts with for example banks, payrollers, system developers, partners and auditors and responds to their queries independently.
Your main tasks are going to be
- Process administrative transactions in the appropriate administration, including Inter Company bookings, timesheets, invoices and memo journals
- Check and specifies balances on a periodic basis and in preparation for the annual audit
- Prepare and process outgoing payments
- Process incoming payments including the preparation of direct debits
- Verify and process the monthly payroll
- Being aware of Dutch VAT legislation and escalate (risks of) non-compliance in incoming (expense) and outgoing (donor) invoices.
- Ensure staff follow the processes and procedures regarding e.g expense claims and other internal financial requirements
- Ensure maintaining confidentiality of all confidential information (like payroll data), knowing which data not to share.
- Solve new problems within the prescribed guidelines and procedures
- Actively contribute to, and participate in, cross-department working groups (like the procurement platform)
- Minimal 2 - 4 years’ experience in a financial administrative role preferably with a NGO
- HBO level of think and working
- A relevant education
- Fluent in Dutch and good working knowledge of English
- Experience working with ERP systems, preferably Unit 4
- Responsible, accurate, well organised, eye for detail
- Positive – critical teamplayer
- Fully supportive of War Child’s mandate
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity-focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.
- Salary range from €2788 - €3467 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of relevant working experience)
- 28 vacation days on full time basis (consisting of 26 vacation days plus 2 additional fixed free days, based on 40 hours work week)
- A pension scheme fully paid by War Child
- Reimbursement of your commuter – and working from home allowance
- Laptop to work from any location and monthly mobile phone contribution of € 25
- Pleasant working conditions, good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
Please note this position is advertised only for staff based in the Netherlands. To apply you need to have a valid working and residence permit.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply as soon as possible but no later than 15 December 2022. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter here:
Please mention where you found this vacancy. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
By submitting your application you certify that all of the statements made in your application are true, complete, and correct and are made in good faith. You understand that falsifying, misrepresenting or intentionally withholding information will be grounds for rejection of your application or withdrawal of any offer of appointment or, if an appointment offer has been accepted, this will be ground for employment sanctions, such as, but not limited to, instant dismissal. In addition, you understand that you need to submit a Certificate of Conduct and that, if you fail to submit it, no employment relationship can be established.
War Child is an international organisation, and we are committed to be a diverse and inclusive employer, placing human and child rights at the centre of our existence and work. We hire our new colleagues based on their talents, competences and shared values; we do not distinguish them based on their age, sex, gender and gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, disability etc.
The safety of children and youth is a paramount and essential to War Child’s work. War Child has a zero tolerance policy towards any form of abuse. To prevent placing children and youth at any risk this subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, such as humanitarian values and principles, Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, International Humanitarian Law, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and IASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain active.