About the job
Ready for a new challenge with a lot of freedom and responsibility? As a Financial Controller, you help us take our financial information provision to an even higher level. The month-end closing and making analyzes are also part of your core tasks. In addition, you support the controlling manager and management in budgeting, forecasting and you provide the associated management reports.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Contract Period: One year contract
Salary range : €4,009.58- €4,858.43
About Terre des Hommes
Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH NL) is a development organisation dedicated to the protection of children from exploitation. TdH NL's work on child exploitation and abuse covers The Worst Forms Child Labour; Child Trafficking and Migration; and Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children. TdH NL strives to prevent child abuse and exploitation, remove children from exploitative situations and ensure that they can develop in a secure, healthy and supportive environment.
In Asia, TdH NL is currently active in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Nepal, The Philippines and Thailand.
Under our new Global Strategy (2023 - 2030), TdH NL is redefining and refining our role as a child rights organisation, with the strategic ambition that “by 2030, Terre des Hommes Netherlands is a catalyst for systemic change to stop child exploitation. We do this by empowering children and their communities, connecting them with those who have power to enact change, and utilising our knowledge and expertise to co-create sustainable, evidence-based solutions.”
Our Vision: Terre des Hommes Netherlands works towards a world where all children have a decent life and can grow up to be independent adults. A world in which children are no longer exploited. We will continue our work until this is accomplished.
Our Mission: Terre des Hommes Netherlands prevents child exploitation, removes children from exploitative situations and ensures these children can develop themselves in a safe environmen
Are you a passionate (financial) controller and do you think it is important to be socially committed? Do you want to work in a dynamic work environment with colleagues spread across Europe, Africa and Asia? Are you passionate about accounting and do you enjoy
working with ad-hoc analyses? Then this is the right job for you!
For Terre des Hommes we are looking for an enthusiastic, quality driven and flexible Financial Controller. You enjoy being challenged and you are used to working under pressure and getting things done. As a Financial Controller you have strong analytical skills and you are solution-oriented. You also enjoy working in an informal and international setting.
In your role as Financial Controller you will report to the Finance Manager. The Assistant Financial Controller and the Finance Officer will report directly to you. As a Financial Controller you are responsible for the various accounting, controlling and reporting issues within the organization.
Tasks and responsibilities include
- Prepare financial reports and statements including the consolidated and statutory annual accounts;
- Monitor and assess cash flows, asset management and solvency in relation to the equity and forecasted cash flows;
- Consolidation of the financial administration of our country offices in Africa and Asia;
- Financial control of the 40+ Terre des Hommes vintage shops;
- Internal control management: the systems as well as the organizational culture geared towards quality, transparency and ‘do as we say’;
- Design, implement and control administrative and accounting guidelines;
- Support compliance with internal procedures and with donor requirements;
- Leading contact for external audits;
- Compliance with statutory requirements include VAT filings and ANBI status;
- Together with the Business Controller, regular analysis of results against budgets to seek cost-saving opportunities and challenge department budget holders to meet targets;
- Project reconciliations and agreement to project contracts and donor funding;
- Managing ad-hoc requests from the Finance Manager.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree degree in Accounting, Finance & Control, Business Administration, Economics;
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience (accounting and finance) in a similar function;
- It is an advantage if you have a background at a NGO or have worked in a multinational project oriented organization;
- Experience with preparing statutory accounts (NGOs), as well as financial information and narrative reports for different audiences;
- You are advanced in accounting and have relevant tax knowledge;
- You have experience with Exact and Google;
- Good command of the English and Dutch language.
Apply for the job
Please upload your motivation letter and CV clearly stating how you meet the qualifications for this position no later than Friday, March 10, 2023, 17:00 CET. For more information about this position, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applicants must have the right to live and work in the country where the position is posted.