FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION DIRECTOR AT THE CHANGING MARKETS FOUNDATION
The Finance & Admin Director oversees contributions from our funding sources. The role requires advanced proficiency in English, while knowledge of Dutch is an asset, along with deep knowledge of Dutch and EU financial laws, working knowledge of Dutch foundations legislation. Qualifications include strong financial and accounting knowledge, experience in budget management, proficiency in accounting software (we have been using Twinfield), and exceptional analytical and communication skills, with a focus on attention to detail in compliance and reporting. Proven experience in a non-profit or foundation setting is an asset. The Finance & Administration Director will report directly to the CEO.
Contract Type: Permanent contract – ideally between 60-80% or 3-4 days/week
Start Date: March 2024
- Financial Strategy & Management
- Financial Planning/Management:Create annual and multi-year budgets in alignment with the strategic plans and objectives of the Changing Markets Foundation. Lead the development of budgets for funding applications. Oversee and manage contributions from different donors, and other alternative funding sources. Monitor cash flow and reserves, ensuring that funds are allocated and used efficiently.
- Financial Reporting:Prepare monthly and annual financial statements and reports for internal use and as required by Dutch and relevant EU legislation in cooperation with our external fiscal experts. Liaise with the CEO, Executive Chair and the Board in preparation of the financial reporting and budgeting activities required by the statutes and/or required by our grant agreements.
- Bookkeeping: Responsible for bookkeeping under the supervision of our external financial consultants/accountants, as well as tracking budgets from different grant agreements.
- Regulatory Compliance:Ensure compliance with applicable statutory rules according to the Dutch financial and legal regulations, as well as relevant EU and UK legislation and coordinate and facilitate internal and external audits, ensuring that all financial records are in order. Managing all matters relating to the legal and accounting aspects of the Dutch Stichting, the US Foundation, the US and Dutch accounting and legal firms.
- Human Resources and Contract management: To work with the senior management team to ensure when employment contacts are negotiated they meet the appropriate National legislation; to maintain a registry of all workers and contractors; to liaise with payroll and pension partners to meet legal and contractual obligations, advising on any changes. Administration of HR system (Bamboo). Occasionally supporting senior management with recruitment processes.
- External services: Prepare, issue and track all service agreements and all grant agreements, manage their payment, and any reporting, as required. Overview of all other contracts with external suppliers, for example website hosting, IT support, and various subscriptions.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Education:Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, economics, business studies, or a related field. This should be complemented by relevant certifications.
- Professional Experience & relevant certification:At least 3-5 years in roles pertinent to financial services, accounting, or other closely related finance positions, complemented by relevant certification.
- Mandatory:English - Advanced proficiency (C1 level) is a prerequisite, given that English serves as the organization's primary working language;
We offer you
- Position & Duration:An open-ended, part-time employment contract (TBD), commencing as soon as possible, governed by relevant employment law (Netherlands, Belgium or UK preferred locations)
- Work Flexibility:Flexible working hours combined with the possibility to work remotely;
- International Exposure:An opportunity to be part of a diverse international team based in London and Brussels; occasional travel to our main office in London, as well as occasional staff retreat in one of the European countries;
- Compensation:A competitive salary package, which will be tailored based on the candidate's experience and expertise, to be discussed with shortlisted candidates during the recruitment process.
- Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending both their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation/cover letter detailing their relevant experience and explaining their interest in the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be reviewed on the rolling basis, preferably send your CV by 16 February.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview.