The Field Staffing Advisor is the focal point for MSF OCA for inflow of new candidates in to the Internationally Mobile Staff (IMS) pools.
The Field Staffing Advisor will sit in the Pool Management team, which is part of the OCA Field HR department. The primary responsibility of Pool Management is matching Internationally Mobile Staff to vacant positions in MSF OCA’s projects.
Positions are in OCA’s projects across more than 30 countries worldwide, and candidates are recruited globally by around 35 MSF offices.
This role will focus on the complex and interesting dynamics between the need for (MSF) experienced candidates for senior/management roles, and the need to have enough new/junior staff join the organisation. To manage these dynamics the post holder will work closely with the Pool Management team, with representatives of MSF’s many international offices, and with other internal stakeholders.
As it is a new role, the responsibilities and activities are still in development and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help further develop and define their own role.
Bring together MSF OCA’s global staffing needs and MSF’s global recruitment capacity by:
- Collaborating with the Pool Management team to maintain an accurate and up-to-date overview of planned and actual entry positions, including any deviations from the annual planning
- Collaborating with the recruiting/career managing partner sections (via the Coordinator Pool Management or directly with the partner section recruitment and career management coordinators), to inform them about recruitment needs, to ensure the right candidates are available at the right time
- Pro-actively identify “recruitment bottlenecks” (shortage of suitable candidates) and propose solutions
- Pro-actively identify “placement bottlenecks” (shortage of available entry positions) and proposes solutions
Accountabilities and activities:
- Leads on the management of IMS entry positions in OCA;
- Builds and maintains an overview of demand and supply, the space for entry staff profiles in the projects and the supply of candidates from the different recruiting and career managing offices;
- Builds and maintains relationships with OCA functional support departments and operations, and with recruiting and career managing offices;
- Supports pool management team and recruiting offices to address process “bottlenecks”.
- As strategic partner of a high number of stakeholders at global level (field and HQs), you are autonomous while you keep a close relationship with your interlocutors;
- You are highly organised and able to keep track of multiple initiatives at the same time;
- Patience and tenacity, you don’t get discouraged easily by delays and persist to reach your objectives;
- You take initiative, develop creative solutions and strive for improvements;
- You are able to clearly communicate the combined requirements of all stakeholders to bring together your interlocutors;
- You have a strong strategic vision and you have the ability to prioritise and transform the staffing vision in to practical solutions;
- Strong networking- and influencing capabilities, capacity to forge cross- departmental and intersectional dynamics;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
- Committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees;
- Solution minded, positive attitude, with the ability to combine a creative mind-set with analytical thinking;
- You have a capacity and willingness to travel to MSF’s different office locations.
- 3 years’ experience in a senior HR position;
- MSF or similar NGO/IO experience in an HR role (pool manager, career manager, recruiter, HR coordinators or other senior and field-based HR profiles);
- Field experience is highly valued;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of MSF staffing and HR processes;
- Experience in workforce planning, significant recruitment experience, global/International HR experience is a strong asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Fluency in any other MSF working language is as added value (French, Arabic, Spanish).
We offer :
- An employment contract from for 12 months, based on full time. The first contract is for one year with renewal option.
- A gross monthly salary in scale 6 between 3,326 and 4,498 euro depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime employment (40 hours).
- Remote working is possible. Please note that we can only contract in another country where we have an MSF office. The local contract and standard salary grid will then apply.
- The contractual terms and conditions will be established according to the country to domicile/residence and place of work of the candidate and in respect of MSF standard function and salary grids, taking into consideration past experience.
- If you recognise yourself in this profile, we welcome you to apply directly via our website and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document.
- The closing date for applications is 31 March 2023.
- Please note that only candidates who introduce complete application and fully meet the requirements of the position will be taken into consideration.
For more information about the position, please contact Jarjan Fisher (coordinator Pool Management) at email@example.com
For more information about the recruitment procedure, please contact Jan Papperse (Recruiter) at firstname.lastname@example.org