The Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD), an organization promoting peaceful, just and inclusive politics worldwide, is looking for an enthusiastic Executive Assistant to join our diverse team in The Hague.
24-32 hours a week
Are you an independent and pro-active person who enjoys working under their own initiative while multitasking in a vital organizational and administrative role at the heart of a dynamic team?
Then find out more about us and the position here:
NIMD is a democracy support organization running programmes in about 20 countries in Africa, Latin America, Southeast Asia, and the MENA region. Our approach across all these programmes is unique and characterized by dialogue: we bring actors from across the political spectrum together. We work on their knowledge and competences, and empower them to cooperate in a constructive manner on issues that affect them, their country and the broader region.
This position is located in the political heart of the Netherlands in The Hague. Here, we have an experienced and committed international staff of around 30 colleagues who support our global programming. Our working culture is informal and open, and encourages initiative, professionalism, and interaction.
As of 2021 the office in The Hague consists of four teams: Programmes & Knowledge; Grants Management; Finance, Control & Support; and Positioning.
As part of the Finance, Control and Support team, the Executive Assistant will assist the Management Team, and in particular the Executive Director, with agenda planning, meetings, and handling correspondence. You will give advice to the director and be a true sparring partner, as well as providing administrative support to the Management Team and assisting in the planning and delivery of internal and external meetings and events.
In addition to the executive tasks, and together with the Office Manager, you are responsible for the effective operation of the NIMD office in The Hague.
This is a position with a lot of room to take initiative and contribute to the many events that NIMD organizes and to contribute to the quality and efficiency of the organisation.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supporting the Executive Director & Management Team with:
- Managing the agenda and emails of the Executive Director
- Taking care of administrative and organisational preparations for meetings of the Executive Director and their follow-up
- Preparing Management Team meetings, drafting the minutes, and monitoring deadlines and agreements
- Preparing Supervisory Council and Advisory Council meetings and drafting their minutes
- Archiving the Supervisory Council and Management Team documents
Office Management tasks:
- Supporting the Office Manager in organizing meetings and events
- Providing administrative support to NIMD projects and events where relevant and feasible
- Standing in for the Office Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant higher education/applied sciences degree
- Efficient, pragmatic and flexible
- Highly organized and able to run multiple projects simultaneously
- At least three years of relevant experience
- Excellent spoken and written Dutch and English; knowledge of one other relevant language (Spanish, French, Arabic or Portuguese) is an asset
- Strong organizational, events management and interpersonal skills
- Autonomous and a pro-active attitude
- Enjoys working in an international, multi-cultural environment
We offer a position for 24-32 hours at the NIMD head office in The Hague for 1 year with the intention to convert this into a permanent contract.
You will work under the supervision of the Head of Finance, Control & Support and in close partnership with the Office Manager and the members of the Management Team.
NIMD offers a competitive remuneration package and benefits including a laptop and phone. The annual salary, based on full-time employment of 38 hours, links to the Dutch Government CAO (RIJK) for Scale 9, roughly between €3.110 and € 4.375 per month full-time, depending on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications to email@example.com by Sunday 26 March 2023. NIMD values the diversity of its staff as an essential condition for our quality.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting Harrie Dijkstra, Head of Finance, Control & Support via firstname.lastname@example.org or 031 (0)70-3115464
Applicants must be Dutch nationals, residents of a European Union member state, or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Applications from interested individuals only; no agencies please.