As a Credit Risk Officer you can make a difference in realizing continuous positive change: economic, social and environmental. This, by supporting and empowering people in their economic development, with self-sufficiency being the main purpose, by giving them access to finance, knowledge and networks in over 20 developing countries. For this position it’s essential that you speak Spanish.
You and your job
As a Credit Risk Officer at Rabo Rural Fund (RRF), you can make a difference by giving independent advice on credit structure risks in complex transactions. You work with professional colleagues in an international, developing and emerging market environment. A great opportunity to develop new skills and contribute to a sustainable economic development and food security.
Facts & Figures
- 36 hours per week
- 55 colleagues, working from 4 continents
- 43,822 Rabobank colleagues around the world
Top 3 responsibilities
- Prepare high quality English credit reports (e.g. applications, reviews). When writing the credit report (the basis for a credit decision) you are primarily responsible for market analysis, financial analysis, structural analysis and determining the credit risk rating and economic capital.
- Proactively monitoring and reporting on the clients in the portfolio. You need to understand the drivers and the main risks of the company, and report this in the credit report.
- Be in constant contact with the RRF analyst team, clients, Rabo Trade and Commodity Finance (TCF) and Investment Committee sharing knowledge and making use of analyses software.
Rabo Rural Fund is Rabo Foundation owned and part of the Rabobank Group. Would you like to find out more about why the Rabo Rural Fund was setup, the funding and how we aim to realize continuous positive change: social, economic and environmental? Check out this link: rabobank.nl/raboruralfund
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at Rabo Foundation.
Rabo Foundation and its partners are committed to fighting poverty worldwide. We focus on empowering economically disadvantaged people in rural areas through microfinancing and sustainable supply chain development. Rabo Rural Fund supports farming cooperatives and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in developing countries. Agribusinesses and cooperatives that have outgrown donations and microcredit but are not yet eligible for standard bank loans often have great difficulty in attracting financing. Rabo Rural Fund aims to plug this gap and helps agribusinesses to pre-finance purchase, processing and product sales. We finance sustainable value chains in coffee, cocoa, honey, cotton, spices, nuts, peppers, soya and canned and dried vegetables. In addition, we finance fixed assets, such as the extension of production lines.
You and your talent
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, or quantitative field (mathematics, physics or similar)
- Multi-year experience in (corporate) credit analysis or risk management (expert level)
- Experience with (external) customer contact and other financiers (debt / equity)
- Thorough knowledge of (i) business economic aspects in analysing financial data and assessing credit risks; (ii) accounting standards; (iii) banking products; and (iv) financial derivatives
- Knowledge of legal aspects and loan documentation
- Affinity and demonstrated experience with the situation in developing and emerging countries and economic development in general
- Excellent Spanish skills (verbally and in reading). Knowledge of the Dutch language is an advantage.
- You are currently living and allowed to work in The Netherlands
This is what we offer you
- Up to € 5,655 gross per month (scale 9)
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay
- an Employee Benefit Budget (11%). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a Credit Risk Officer based on a 36-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
Reply to the vacancy for Credit Risk Officer at Rabo Rural Fund before 31 January 2023.
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Contact Ingrid Dillen, Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will hold the interviews through a video call.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on rabobank.jobs/en/faq.
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.