Donor Engagement Manager Dutch Donors (36h per week)
Are you a seasoned professional with proven knowledge of the Dutch donor landscape? Do you excel at building and nurturing relationships that translate into funding agreements? Do you wish to end poverty and injustice? Then the Unit Partnerships and Programs (P&P) of Oxfam Novib is looking for you!
About Oxfam Novib
Oxfam Novib is committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. We have a conviction that people are capable of building livelihoods without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Therefore, we support local projects and programs in developing countries, we lobby governments and companies to consider the interests of the poorest and most marginalized people and we campaign to involve women and men in our work. We work together with other Oxfam affiliates to increase our impact on development issues.
As Donor Engagement Manager (DEM) Dutch Donors, you operate together with internal and external stakeholders and are considered specialist on Dutch Government, RVO and related government funding mechanisms. The position reports directly to the Manager of the P&P Unit. The Unit is part of the Programs Department.
To support the organization in maintaining and increasing its work Oxfam Novib sets ambitious growth targets on income. The P&P Unit in The Hague is a team of dedicated institutional funding experts that are supporting the organization in reaching its ambitions through effective engagement and partnership building with its institutional donors.
As DEM Dutch Donors, you are responsible for optimizing institutional donor funding. You develop and strengthen strategic partnerships with key donor accounts, actively collect and share donor intelligence with program units and country offices, facilitate networking and strategic donor engagement to pre-position for funding opportunities, and provide support during proposal development to ensure qualitative proposals. As such, you:
- (Pro)actively identify and influence funding opportunities with institutional donors for our programs;
- Build up and maintain lasting relationships with existing and identified donors and other related potential partners including other Oxfam affiliates. Ensure that full use is made of Oxfam’s project and advocacy portfolio, as well as other related material available for external sharing.
- Lead, advise and support Oxfam Novib and Oxfam Confederation in meeting and exceeding its institutional donor funding target. Contribute with donor intelligence on Dutch Donors to funding strategies of Oxfam Novib program teams and Oxfam country offices as part of their business plan and also lead on and contribute to the Oxfam Novib institutional funding strategy for the Donor portfolio you are responsible for;
- Contribute to the Confederation Institutional Funding Strategy. As such you will occasionally lead or coordinate institutional funding initiatives within Oxfam Novib and wider Oxfam and when applicable with other NGOs and participate in meetings when required;
- Lead on and participate in discussions and negotiations within Oxfam Novib and the wider Oxfam Confederation on Institutional Funding related issues (policy, framework, service, ways of working, strategies);
- Advise countries and Oxfam Novib program units as to how to adhere to donor requirements regarding donor fund applications and project management and to maintain up-to-date knowledge and relationships with the donor agencies. You also provide (donor compliance) quality and risk assessment advice of specific donor submissions and reports to senior management/Directors of specific submissions and reports to donors in collaboration with our colleagues of the Compliance Unit;
- Inform Oxfam Novib program teams and Oxfam offices at country level up to date about trends and other related information gathered through your partnership engagement and you represent Oxfam Novib with this donor;
- Provide support on other donor accounts when required.
Ideally, you have:
- At least a HBO (Bachelor) degree relevant to the function;
- An outgoing personality. You are not afraid to knock on doors, and you are able to foster conversations while taking a diplomatic approach;
- Proven experience in representing an organization to institutional donors at senior level. Strong networking, representational, and negotiation skills;
- A track record in establishing lasting relationships with, contracting and securing funding from institutional Dutch donors;
- Knowledge of the Dutch donor landscape, programming and funding trends. Having an established network of Dutch donors is a strong asset;
- A broad and extensive knowledge of project and program management preferably gained through experience in the field or through regular missions, as well as experience and knowledge of Project Cycle Management, including monitoring, technical and financial reporting;
- A demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritise, meet deadlines, and hold self and others to account;
- Experience in transferring knowledge and providing training, including from a distance, preferably on institutional funding related issues;
- Good communication skills, with proven ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including from a distance;
- Outstanding communication skills in Dutch and English, both written and spoken. A reasonable command of French is a strong asset;
- The ability and desire to travel abroad when expected for this position.
The key competencies for this position are:
Result orientation, Co-operation, Planning & Organization, Customer orientation, Creativity and Enterprise.
- A position within a highly dedicated and diverse team;
- A flexible, empowering and enabling working culture;
- A one-year contract with extension possibility;
- A competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary is set in scale 10; with a salary range between € 3.320,-- and € 5.109,--
- Benefits typically include annual pay increases, performance-related salary increases, holiday allowance, contributions to commuting costs, vacation days, parental, care and special leave, a private bicycle scheme, pension scheme, etc.
Applicants for this contract must be Dutch nationals or a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
How to apply
HVFC is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume (including salary expectations and three references) in English via this platform
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on a rolling basis.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Oxfam aims to attract a diverse mix of talented people that share our standards, values, principles, and are committed to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct.