Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and do you have experience in managing and visualizing data? Solidaridad offers you a rewarding and meaningful job in an inspiring and international setting with the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PROFILE
You will be responsible for managing (impact) data and providing analytics for management reports and dashboards . This includes data on (agricultural) production, income and sustainable practices. It also includes operational data on projects and budgets. The data management specialist works in close coordination with the Planning. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) teams across the network to retrieve the data, and with the IT team to develop the analytics.
In this position you will contribute on 4 result areas:
- Generating evidence
- Provide guidance in the identification of Key Performance Indicators related to Solidaridad´s strategy
- Provide advice on how to structure data, on data collection tools, data recording and data analysis during the programme management cycle;
- Map existing data sources, coordinates data definitions and connect different systems to the organization’s data model;
- Manage the assurance of quality and accuracy of data and present it in creative and simplified ways to help management decisions;
- Support some key data-driven publications with effective data sets for external as well as internal communication purposes.
- Improving our management information system
- Co-develop the design of the data architecture/ model in Plaza: our management information system based on Salesforce and Einstein/Tableau Analytics.
- Assess the degree to which user stories match data quality requirements so that, working closely with IT experts in the organization, the system remains user friendly and improves;
- Act as liaison between the Global IT team and Global PMEL team when it comes to the data model and identification of key data points to avoid overlaps and inconsistencies;
- Support smart transfer of data between relevant databases.
- Ensuring availability of intelligence
- Implement the data framework from Solidaridad in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders, in accordance with Solidaridad`s strategy and needs;
- Gather data from Plaza and generate dashboards and reports;
- Conduct data analysis;
- Maintain and improve the Global Management Dashboard in simplified ways so as to help the management to make better decisions.
- Working within the network of Solidaridad
- Structure impact data across the Solidaridad network to monitor progress of Solidaridad´s strategy
- Train PMEL staff on producing dashboards and reports.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Data Management Specialist reports directly to the Head of Operations in the Network Secretariat of Solidaridad. Solidaridad is a network organization with 44 countries worldwide, working with 2M+ farmers. The Network Secretariat supports around 1.000 employees worldwide with operational and management information systems.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience in data analytics and data management;
- Relevant University Master’s degree preferably with a quantitative research component
- Demonstrated affinity with development aid and agriculture
- Experience with coding; preferably with Salesforce and Einstein
- Excellent ( intercultural) communication skills;
- Excellent language skills, both orally and in writing, fluent in English, and preferably one other relevant language;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Appropriate organizational skills;
- IT literacy, with advanced level skills and the ability to quickly master new technologies or systems.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Works cooperatively with staff at all levels of the organization;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Reflecting, learning and improving;
- Proactive attitude;
- Is a team player who can work Independently;
- Available to Travel.
A unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting 1 September or as soon as possible after this date.
- You will join the Network Operations team in Utrecht, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world. Relocation to NL is not required for this position
- A one-year contract 36 hours/week with the possibility of extension
- A Gross Salary based on BBRA scale 10, or comparable to local standards in your country of residence.
- An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year.
- In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned.
- Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan
- International travel required.
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile? Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “Application: Data management Specialist” in the subject header.
Deadline: The final closing date for this vacancy is 30 June 2022. However, we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com or by phone to Olof van Praat, Head of Operations +31 (0)622 385 366.
The selection process will involve two rounds of interviews. The first-round interviews will take place online. We seek to ensure second-round interviews take place in person.
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon the date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
For more information: www.solidaridadnetwork.org