ISSA Seeks Communications Manager
The International Step by Step Association (ISSA) is a vibrant international network that connects professionals and non-profit organizations working in the field of early childhood development. Established in the Netherlands in 1999, ISSA’s community today stretches across the globe with about 100 member organizations coming from close to 40 countries, primarily located in Europe and Central Asia. In addition to providing network services to its Members (capacity building, learning exchanges, partnership projects, networking activities, etc.), ISSA also runs programs and offers services and resources to other stakeholders, increasingly acting as a broader platform for the early childhood development field.
ISSA is seeking an experienced and dedicated Communications Manager to lead and elevate our communications strategies, driving external messaging and engagement with members and broader audiences through various channels. This pivotal role involves strategic planning, operational oversight, and leadership to ensure our communications are impactful, consistent, and aligned with ISSA's objectives. This position acts as supervisor for ISSA’s communications team, and reports to the Executive Director.
- Responsible for ISSA’s communications strategy
- Strategically plan, execute, and oversee the yearly communications work plans
- Advise on communication planning linked to network operations and programmatic initiatives
- Coordinate communications plans and activities in line with budgets, in close collaboration with relevant colleagues
- Allocate communications staff time to projects and activities, and provide regular updates to directors on the status of the communications work plan
- Provide strategic guidance and supervision to the communications team, fostering team development by training, coaching and ensuring alignment with organizational expectations
- Supervise and ensure high-quality standards across all communication channels and media
- Act as brand guardian and lead digital communications strategies to enhance brand and issue awareness, including marketing of ISSA's offerings like training events, conferences, and publications
- Serve as a primary point of contact for communications-related issues for directors, program colleagues and partners
- Drive innovation in communications strategies and tools, staying abreast of digital media trends and seeking continuous improvement.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in communications, public relations, or a related field
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or related
- Proven track record in digital communications, content creation, team leadership, and project management
- High proficiency in English (Level C2).
Competencies and Skills
- Strategic planning and execution with a focus on digital communications and brand awareness
- Strong leadership and team management abilities to inspire and guide the communications team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective internal and external interactions
- Operational oversight with experience in managing various communication channels and media formats
- Collaborative and innovative mindset to foster partnerships and bring creative solutions to communication challenges
- Analytical thinking for continuous improvement and effective strategy assessment
- Experience in non-profit environments is highly desirable, especially related to the early childhood field.
Only candidates with permission to work in the Netherlands will be considered.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
A gross salary according to ISSA salary scale level 7 (between € 4.400,- and € 4.700,- per month based on full-time employment of 40 hours per week, commensurate with experience).
The terms of the contract will be determined on the basis of the applicable Dutch Labor Code.
Send a letter of interest, CV and contact information of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Manager Application”. Deadline is 1st of March 2024.
More information about ISSA can be found at www.issa.nl
ISSA is an equal opportunity employer, which supports diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.